PS3 sixAxis motion controller info & advice needed

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Oner
PS3 sixAxis motion controller info & advice needed

Post by Oner » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:41 am

Would anyone know where I could go to get information on how to mod the motion sensor to act as a button press? Example: if I am playing a driving game when I tilt the controller 90 degrees left, right or up that action would enable the emergency brake that is configured to a button like R2 or O.

I am getting ready for GT5P but my Obutto sim chassis in use with a Logitech G25 doesn't have an e-brake (obviously) and I would like to adapt something with as little warranty violation to my G25 as possible. Although I think I will end up having to open up and mod my G25 in the long run to do it right using the necessary needed items like capacitors, ressistors, wires, switch & solder if/as needed.

The best scenario would be if Sony actually implemented the use of making the sixAxis motion controller as a selectable option in the controller configuration menu screen. Simple no modification usage, and all I would need to do is mock up an emergency brake handle to my chassis attach the sixAxis controller to the handle and be done.

Thanx for any help, information and replies.

P.S. Didn't exactly think this should have been in another area of the forum but hopefully it is okay here.

Edit I just found that the Technical Questions and Answers forum would have probably been a better area