Ok, Kit ordering is online and ready!

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:36 pm

Twenty cents for a white LED??????

Is is a 3mm T1 type? That's CHEAP AS DIRT!

Gimme gimme gimme! (although I do love Digi-key!)

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:40 pm

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:41 pm

Ben, Gannon: will those work for what we need them for?

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:16 pm

Hey, those look nice :D
funny Hong-Kong people wrote:Chi Wing Industrial Trading (HK)Ltd.Has over 15 years experience on the electronic component,we are speicalist on LEDs,doide .etc. In 1998,we have built up our own prodnction line for LED prodnots our factong is located in canton,China.And our office is in Fotan,Shatin,Hong Kong. For this year,we want to open a new market from USA and europe,so we start the selling online to promote our company and products.We only export the fresh and grade A LEDs,and we already sold over 500kpcs during the internet orders within few months.We realy need to say "Thank You" to our customers.We will keep upgrade our produrts, we will do our best in the future. Features:
I love how they spell :P Reminds me of somebody on the forums....

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:20 pm

Hey - who cares if they can spell - as long as they can make good, cheap white LEDs. :)

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:41 pm

thats an awesomely good deal, free shipping from China, dont see that often.

btw, ill order one or two of your kits when the opportunity presents itself (when i get a fatter wallet).

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:59 am

I just got my "prototype" CNC PSOne kit today in the mail that Ben mentioned that he was making a couple of weeks ago for a test production run.

I must commend Ben for the top-quality work - it is friggin' awesome !!!

I also have to say to everyone that if you are thinking of buying one his kits - think no more! Just do it. You will be very glad that you did - it is money well spent. I plan on buying more (definitely SNES and NES hand-built kits so I can use my PSOne screens) in the future. Most of us can follow along with the instructions in the book and wire everything up, but actually having a beautiful case to put it in is something different. This is going to be great - I can't wait to get started! Once I get started I will take a bunch of progress pictures and post them as many others have done a nice job of setting that example.

Thanks again, Ben. To borrow a quote from a compliment that was paid to me once, "Spankingly impressive piece of work!"

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:54 pm

What the heck?

Ben, you better put a robots.txt file to stop web crawlers (see Atack of the Web Crawlers at benheck.com thread).