help powering screen

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

kevin
help powering screen

Post by kevin » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:39 am

I am trying to get rid of some of the regulators on my portable screen and i want to use only one regulator instead of 3 and other parts. The problem i am having though is finding what to do with the wires left over. The chip i want to get rid of has 4 wires +V, Ground, Charging, and a blue wire labled LED. What does the blue wire do and how could i get rid of it? After this i will be done with the electronical part of my snesp.
Thanks

kevin

Post by kevin » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:49 am

ok i have now cut the blue wire and it works like normal but i would still like to know what that wire does because i'm worried something might overheat.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:15 am

What screen are you talking about? And please, put your questions in the right forum, like this one would go in the "portable screen hacking" forum.

kevin

Post by kevin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:28 pm

Oh sorry about putting it in the wrong section i thought i put it in portable screen hacking is it possible to move it i've never done that before. I am actually talking about a portable audiovox dvd player screen it has the same size screen as the psp and it has a video input so it works perfect for hacking. I think the blue wire was the LED for charging. I'm now past that point but now i'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to power the screen that needs 7.2 volt battery and a snes off of a 9.6 volt battery is there somewhere i could find that info i cant seem to find anything in the book about using your own screens?