Book Marketing

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:12 pm

benheckc wrote:Well, something I've thought about is when you release something on a wide scale (and this is the first time for me) you're going to have people ripping on your work. Remember: those who can't do something teach, and those who can't teach criticise.

Speaking of ripping, removing half the screw post and RIPPING open the SNES IS the fastest way... I guess humor flies over some people's heads.

Some uber-geeks may find my book a little "homegrown" and simplistic, but that's because I wrote it for more than just uber-geeks.
Or they just dont know you. All your howtos/articles/stories are really mroe like stories ment to hold the readers attention then to inform. I mean is throwing in that tidbit about the first atari mocking you well you slept about how big it was is just plan funny.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:38 pm

Sparkfist wrote:
benheckc wrote:Well, something I've thought about is when you release something on a wide scale (and this is the first time for me) you're going to have people ripping on your work. Remember: those who can't do something teach, and those who can't teach criticise.

Speaking of ripping, removing half the screw post and RIPPING open the SNES IS the fastest way... I guess humor flies over some people's heads.

Some uber-geeks may find my book a little "homegrown" and simplistic, but that's because I wrote it for more than just uber-geeks.
Or they just dont know you. All your howtos/articles/stories are really mroe like stories ment to hold the readers attention then to inform. I mean is throwing in that tidbit about the first atari mocking you well you slept about how big it was is just plan funny.
Yeah, thats why I like the articles - there always humerous.