Transferable knowledge?

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

nc
Transferable knowledge?

Post by nc » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:00 am

Well , i recently ordered the book from WHSmith , and i'm going to pick it up tommorow.

But my question is , is the knowledge in the book transferable for use with other projects , eg. A portable PS2?

Thanks.

Rellizate

Post by Rellizate » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:05 am

Well yes, in a way. The book teaches you waht it says, how to build a portable nes, snes, ps1 or atari. But while you build one, you will be learning all the time, amking it easier (and cheaper) to build portables with out help.

nc

Post by nc » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:07 am

Thanks for that , now I know that buying the book was a good idea.

:D

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:50 am

the beginning section is a gold mine for those who either have no experience or very little with electronics. it also shows nice tips for how to slim down boards and basics in case building.

you will take away a ton of good info not just for game systems but for general electronics.

most game systems are very similar to the ones in the book, atari/nes/snes cover the basics for cart game systems and ps1 helps with systems that use optical disc drives. to apply to other systems is not exact but provides a good base on how to mod systems that are a lot like them. other then the basics most of the pinouts and other directions are listed on sites just like this one that can bridge the gaps between the systems.