Nesboardp fired up perfect! Thanks Ben

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Nesboardp fired up perfect! Thanks Ben

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:47 pm

I just thought I would let those who can appreciate it, that thanks to Ben's Book I have just built my first portable nintendo last night. I started on the project around late December of 2005, then I started a new job, and put the project on hold for about 9 months. I had all the parts I needed except the tact switches but I just couldn't wait. I then was reminded by that hilarious picture of Ben laying on a couch looking wasted with a tombstone pizza wrapper, and beer cans laying on him talking about the sony battery. So I got a table next to my bed so I could lay down and work on my nesp every night before I went to sleep. I decided to bypass the IC controls and led mod for the ps one screen for now. I cleaned and raised the pins on the cartridge connector, wired it all up, and the stars must have alligned in my favor because the first try it worked perfect. I was amazed at what I had just made. Now I just need to wire up the controller IC, speakers, and make the case. Total time making this unit was probaly for me a week. I of course, am not counting the nine months it was on the shelf, and the time I spent reading, and referencing bens book. Right now all I can do is watch the T.M.N.T Arcade demo screen, but it is just amazing to me. I remember saying in my first post on here, that hopefully with bens book me, and my Nintendo will be together again. Well now we certainly are. Thanks again Ben. You made this project, and learning experiance possible for me.
A true friend will stab you in the front

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Pics of NesboardP

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:41 pm

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:01 pm

I'm glad that you have a successful mod going on there. Keep up the pics. :)

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thanks for the comment

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:22 pm

Thanx bro, I appreciate your congrats. I knew I could do this with the help of Bens book. Now I am going to build a panasonic 3DO portable. Nahh just kidding. But I did just get one of those super joy 3's , and I am going to make a mini nesp with it. I hope I'll be making portable ps12's when I retire. I love this kind of stuff. Thanx again. :D

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:41 pm

Good stuff, man! Now that you've wired one up, there are tons of possibilities out there, it's a great springboard to greater things. I wish you the best of luck! :D

CTFan