CNC NES Project Has a grey screen????

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Krip
CNC NES Project Has a grey screen????

Post by Krip » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:32 am

This is my first portable. I am electronics savvy (too a point), so be nice. Don't give me any stupid-ass comments. I don't have the time.

I'm almost done with the CNC NES project from the book. I've connected the cartridge connector to my 2nd motherboard(1st one got fried, OOPS!). All I get is a grey screen, no sound.

What have I done wrong and how can I fix/test it?

CronoTriggerfan

Re: CNC NES Project Has a grey screen????

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:29 am

Krip wrote:Don't give me any stupid-ass comments. I don't have the time.
Define "stupid ass". :lol:

Anyway, I don't know specifically what would be wrong, just some troubleshooting stuff. Try checking your grounds, your solder joints to the video leads; perhaps you simply wired wrong. Take some pictures of your solder work, and host them. We can help more.

Also, this really belongs in the NES section; there's much more traffic there as well, so more people will be around to help. Good luck!

CTFan

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:18 am

Comments like that don't exactly make people want to help you...

List of things to check again:
  • cartridge slot wiring (it's easy to mix up the wires)
    Cartridge slot cleanliness (dirty cart slots can cause it to go grey-screen)
    Audio / video wiring
    Video amplification circuit (if you removed the RF box)

Krip

Post by Krip » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:47 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
Define "stupid ass". :lol:

Anyway, I don't know specifically what would be wrong, just some troubleshooting stuff. Try checking your grounds, your solder joints to the video leads; perhaps you simply wired wrong. Take some pictures of your solder work, and host them. We can help more.

Also, this really belongs in the NES section; there's much more traffic there as well, so more people will be around to help. Good luck!

CTFan
Didn't mean to sound like a jerk but my first comment I got slammed for giving my opinion about a product that wasn't that great and people started flipping out that I "bumped" an old thread and they hit me with "stupid ass" comments about being a noob(thats what I mean "stupid-ass"). I don't go on forums unless it's really needed so I don't know any "lingo" or whatever. I just wanted to make it clear that I had a serious ??? and wanted answered.

Anyway, I'm not done with the project. I'm at the point in the book where you solder the connector to the motherboard then test it with the original Rf box to make sure it works. Thats where I'm at so it's not connected to the portable tv screen yet or anything else.

Also, I chose this section because it said "Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!"
-- I kinda figured this was the place to ask. I guess I was wrong???

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:54 pm

Nope, right section for all and any questions dealing with the book and/or projects within it. Have you checked out the book page on the website? I know that some small book errors are corrected there.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:27 pm

do you have a pic of the grey screen? if it's the one i think it is, your screen's fuse may need to be jumped
ImageImage