Snesp temp hookup test.

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Mikeyman64
Snesp temp hookup test.

Post by Mikeyman64 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:06 pm

Hey, I tried to temporarily hook up my half-done Snesp to the power and to the PSOne screen. Well, I hooked the regulator up to all the right parts (as in the book), I used a 9.6v rc car battery, I re-soldered the audio/video jack to the video and mono audio spots in figure 9-9, then I hooked the snes board up to my mono tv via a audio/video cable. I put a switch between the positive lead from the battery and the regulator so I could turn it on and off. So I switched it on and the tv made a short quiet pop sound and showed mostly black with transparent white lines moving across the screen. What am I doing wrong? I just want to make sure everything works before I put it all together, so I don't have to re-do it. How would I do that?
Go Here! On Your Wii!

Matt. 5:27

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:50 pm

I believe that you usually get something like that when you have either a weak signal or no signal coming from the system to the screen. I'd say just run over the things below and try again. As long as you don't have anything smoking and you don't smell any burn ICs you should be fine for another go.

Besure you grounded the A/V on the SNES end, and that he RCA plugs are not cocked on the PSone end.
Double check all your wiring.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.