GameCube Fusion Rev. 3

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Ashen
GameCube Fusion Rev. 3

Post by Ashen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:37 pm

Yar, another one done from 'ol Ashen. Been being lazy/busy playing this thing lately and haven't made up any video yet. Figured I'd post the pics I took though. I'll likely make up a little video sometime in the near/distant future.

Specs/Features!:

Custom Vacuum formed case, slightly frankencased.
Dimensions: 95 mm (h) 192 mm (w) 30mm (d). - Comparatively the PSVita is: 84 mm (h) 182 mm (w) 19mm (d).
Weight: 1.55 lbs
4.3" DX "backup monitor" Screen
OMGWTF/AlmostWTF hybrid cut GameCube motherboard (onboard audio pre-amp retained) + IBM Laptop heatsink/fan
Wiikey Fusion!
4x 2600mah Lithium-Ion Batterys (7.4v 5200mah total) = Roughly 2 hours playtime.
Zenloc's custom regulator: CPU/GPU=1.7v, 3.35v and 5v for maximum battery life.
Official GameCube controller with rumble relocation, iPhone 3Gs rumble motor, 3DS analog "sliders", DSlite buttons (hotswappable a/b buttons) and d-pad and fully functional L/R "triggers" via the dual tact mod.
Internal 128mb Memory card on slot "A", Internal SD Gecko on slot "B". Save game transfer possible via external adapter.
iPod/iPhone audio amp with DSLite speakers + switching headphone jack.
Mario's low battery indicator circuit. Active @ ~20 minutes left.

Pics!:

Hope you guys like! Enjoy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

majora1155

Re: GameCube Fusion Rev. 3

Post by majora1155 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:00 pm

:shock: Eye boner.

ProgMetalMan

Post by ProgMetalMan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:35 am

majora1155 wrote::shock: Eye boner.
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.

markus
PSN Username:ikramtuht

Post by markus » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Yet another amazing portable by Ashen. Congrats, it looks amazing. Perfect casework, as always :D Keep up the great work!
Markus

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Posting here as well. (make it look like more people saw it)

:P

Amazing good sir.

Random question, you ever played playstation or playstation 2???
Image Image

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri May 11, 2012 10:58 am

5" Screen model is done! :D :D

It pretty much an exact replica of the first with the obvious larger screen. Only other differences are that in this one I regulated the CPU and GPU seperately, so I should get better batter life. Also this one has the component cable chip installed for crystal clear 480p VGA display in all of the GameCubes glory. With Swiss flashed to the Wiikey, I can easily force ALL GameCube games from all regions to display in 480p and the newest SVN version of Swiss even supports forcing games to a "non stretched" 16:9 aspect ratio (see Zelda SS below), So even Beta can't female of the dog species about the screen. ;)

Internals FTW:

This one was a real challenge to get closed on account of the larger screen and all the sheiled wires I had to Run to it for VGA in. Plus the other stuff I mentioned I crammed into this one that wasn't in the first. At any rate, I managed to keep it exactly the same thickness of the 1st one:

I swear to god I'm going to finish all the other projects I've got started now. No more GC's for a while. ;)

First unit with the 4.3" screen is for sale if anyone is interested. PM me and we can haggle, serious inquiries only, first come, first served.

ShinyRayquaza

Post by ShinyRayquaza » Fri May 11, 2012 3:09 pm

nice!

which screen did you use?

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 am

Thanks!

This is the exact LCD I used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-0-TFT-LCD-Mod ... 27c27b5e91" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice price, and nice features. My only gripe is that it doesn't do 15khz VGA (Dalian displays DO, regardless of what they say). So, when I boot the system I have to switch to AV1 and then to VGA once I boot Swiss. Not a huge deal, but slightly annoying I guess.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat May 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Its hard to tell on my tab but is that 5" widescreen? Is there a discussion/teardown thread for this screen here or on MR like you guys did with that other 5" screen that tchay had (or is this the same one)?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk big whoop wanna fightaboutit