All righty then! Progress!!! Finally got life out of the way to get something done haha.
I'm guessing the last board was bad...as all I got out of was this:
Fortunately, the new board works great!
Got the lockout chip disabled, the RF box removed, the Expansion Slot removed....even got new cart slot action rolling!
Too bad my camera died before I could take a pic of it working before I put it all away for safe storage lol.
Rest assured, it does work
I even got to hear the faux stereo sound...and adjusted it a bit too....sounds pretty neat actually lol.
The pots I used for the stereo mod are adjustable only by a small regular screwdriver, so while it's adjusted to my liking, I can set it up so the customer can adjust it to his own liking after he gets it
So with the guts now working, it's time to work on the case!
Workspace was a bit cramped tho...had to work in the shed as all the wood working tools were in there....the garage space being used and abused for the mustang restoration projekt...
The two peices of wood for the case, one for each half ot he unit. Fun fact! These both were molds for previous projekts lol.
Check out that mighty fine angle right there...100% Toaster NES accurate (aligned the saw blade to a toaster case lol).
And there they are....both case halves after a crapload of sanding (my hands hurt)
Next step is to break out my vacuum forming gear...stay tuned!