...and now...for more stuff!!
*Warning! Lots of pictures in this post!*
Ok, so this post begins with the case rear. The squish test revealed the thickness needed, so I proceeded to cut down the case rear to fit that size need.
Using the excess plastic that was cut from the case rear, I shaved that down enough to be used as a lip for the case.
Next up was the work on the cart slot itself. I found a couple of brackets that fit perfectly.
After much shaving with a file, I managed to get a nice gap cut into the case rear that fits the game cart darn near perfectly.
I couldn't quite fit the cart all the way back in the case rear, so I had to carve a little groove in the front, but it's not hurting anything. If anything, it makes it look that much cooler
With the cart spot made out, I could attach the lip to the case rear.
Makes for a smexy fit
Up next, was the last electronical portion of the unit...the power switch! To continue keeping things simple, I attached my last pluggy to the switch.
Once the switch was done, I finished the wiring, and did a full assembled test...everything fits quite nicely, and the buttons are all very nice. Unfortunately, due to the d-pad not being an offical sega d-pad...it feels a little
slow for street fighter II lol. It won't be a problem for anything else tho.
With that test out of the way, I did the next test....seeing how strong the cart connector is...I had to shave some bolts down to make it fit, but it works quite well...amazingly, the shaved bolts actually increase the strength of the cart connector. This wasn't actually intended to happen, but I'm not complaining
The cart is going to be sitting fairly shallow in the case, but given the nature of the genesis cart slot, this is not a problem. This also provides the case with more inside room.
...and now..for the paint!!
Set up on a couple of pop cans...as I've found that if I keep the case sitting on the ground when I paint it, the paint tends to make the case stick to the floor/whatever the case is sitting on. It's no fun when the case sticks...it tends to ruin the paint on the edges...
A parting shot of it sitting around drying (had 3 coats on when this pic was taken).
Many pics there lol.
Next update..case completion action!!