MGC 2011 thread!

Moderator:Moderators

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight
MGC 2011 thread!

Post by jdmlight » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Alright, let's start the MGC 2011 hype!

For those that don't know, MGC == Midwest Gaming Classic == an awesomely epic three days of gaming madness in Brookfield, WI (near Milwaukee). More info in the following places:
Their website.
Last year's hype thread.
Last year's Benheck Experience room thread.
Last year's carpool thread.
Last year's PICTURES?!? thread.
There are more threads from last year, there's a subforum in Forum 42 with all of the MGC 2010 stuff.

So let's start the hype! I'm probably most excited to see everyone again. What are you most excited for?
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:45 pm

I, too, am looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

And having something to show this year. Although that doesn't seem very likely. But I'm always blown away by everyone's work!

For those who have yet to experience it, MGC is a total blast.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:47 pm

An epic of epic epicness.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 pm

I'll totally start work on that SNESp prior to MGC. I promise!

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:54 pm

Squintus wrote:I'll totally start work on that SNESp prior to MGC. I promise!
Heh. Maybe I'll finish that NESp before next MGC.
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 pm

I might be able to go, but I've got a feeling that I'm going to have to wait one more year.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:25 pm

eagle5953 wrote:I, too, am looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

And having something to show this year. Although that doesn't seem very likely. But I'm always blown away by everyone's work!

For those who have yet to experience it, MGC is a total blast.
I hope to finally finish a portable, this being my 5th MGC attending year. Last year was cool since I at least had nomad mod setups but I'm hoping to have a couple more things this year. With just under 6 months away now is the time to start working on things lol.

Regarding BHE, we should have a crapcompy set up for twitterfeeds or something where people can just leave messages on it for whatever they want to tell the internet that is currently going on. John needs a seperate room for all the crap he's gonna bring and not touch (:P), and Lorne needs a seperate room for everything he is gonna buy (jealously ITT).

A poll should be started also on which song Ben should sing at Friday Night Karaoke. Even if you arent 21 you can still bask in the glory that is MGC Karaoke as where it's held is more of a resturant than a full on bar (Same hotel as last year). A handful of people in there that night were under 21, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you stay around the tables and not at the actual bar itself. And you might even get grinded (ground?) on if you muster up the courage to sing. :lol:

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:43 pm

I won't have anything I've built to show, but I'll hopefully have my pandora by then :D

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:12 am

Haha I knew this thread was coming!

Can't freaken wait to come and hang out againsa! Hopefully I'll be coming down in my own vehicle so I can stay for the whole shabang this time haha.

A poll should be started also on which song Ben should sing at Friday Night Karaoke. Even if you arent 21 you can still bask in the glory that is MGC Karaoke as where it's held is more of a resturant than a full on bar (Same hotel as last year). A handful of people in there that night were under 21, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you stay around the tables and not at the actual bar itself. And you might even get grinded (ground?) on if you muster up the courage to sing.
I don't understand why you mean by grinded/ground...did peeps there pummel those who didn't sing well into the ground last year? :lol:

But as for the song; I vote we get him to do Possum Monster Syndrome :lol: I'll even record a special track w/o vox for him to use 8)

Heck, if anyone wants to, I can bring a full band's worth of equipment (guitars, drums, basses) and we can totally rock out live style!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 am

Metallica Man X wrote:
And you might even get grinded (ground?) on if you muster up the courage to sing.
I don't understand why you mean by grinded/ground...did peeps there pummel those who didn't sing well into the ground last year? :lol:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grind
Definitions 2 and 4 are relevant, I don't think definition 3 is exactly what wallydawg meant. :wink:
(I put a link to it because I don't think I should quote it :wink: )

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:54 am

Ah. That explains a lot actually...now that I know that's what its called...Actually had that happen to me once some time ago...pushed her away cause I didn't like it one bit. 10 seconds later, I decided to leave that place....What was supposed to be a fun halos LAN party, turned to crap because people decided it'd be more fun to be drunk than play to halos. I seriously hate alcohol...nothing wrong with a little drink here and there, but getting wasted is so freaken stupid. I just don't understand how that's "fun". :wtf:

Oh well. I sure hope none of that happens there if I decided to hang around for the singings. Benheck Family movie night seems like far better prospect than having someone random doing something stupid in your face. :wink:
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:11 pm

drinking is fun, drinking to excess is stupid. and yes i'm totally pumped for MGC '11 lol.
John needs a seperate room for all the crap he's gonna bring and not touch (:P)
lol, or my own corner at least! :P i plan on having some WORKING stuff to show off this year perhaps, i want to get the neogeo console working and maybe the GBOsnes or something. it all depends on how busy i am this winter lol

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:Oh well. I sure hope none of that happens there if I decided to hang around for the singings. Benheck Family movie night seems like far better prospect than having someone random doing something stupid in your face. :wink:
Benheck family movie night was indeed fun, even though this year I fell asleep about half an hour into Commando (but not before ingesting large amounts of double-stuffed Oreos). :lol:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:44 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
Metallica Man X wrote:Oh well. I sure hope none of that happens there if I decided to hang around for the singings. Benheck Family movie night seems like far better prospect than having someone random doing something stupid in your face. :wink:
Benheck family movie night was indeed fun, even though this year I fell asleep about half an hour into Commando (but not before ingesting large amounts of double-stuffed Oreos). :lol:
Random YouTube video night the night before was also quite awesome, and is probably the reason you fell asleep a half hour into Commando. :wink:

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:26 pm

That is indeed quite possible...I know I bout died after watching those random youtube videos (especially powerthirst!)