that has to be the stupidest thing i have ever seen.
Well, we can't ALL possess modding skills of your caliber.
well it looks like Dealextreme.com is officially SOLD OUT of onestations. too bad too because their the ONLY place that sells them.
not rare you say? i have relatives that teach English in CHINA, and friends that went to the Beijing olympics, and they have never seen a onestation around anywhere. you cant even find them in china.
but "Power Play Joystick"s are basically free on ebay. people are giving them away to get rid of them. the local Thrift shop, value village, has a bin full of them.
1. They are not sold out, I ordered one a week ago, and my order is almost ready to ship. I just checked, they say "Ships in 1-3 days".
2. They are not the only place that sells them, they are on several import gaming stores, and there are usually a few on ebay. And not only are they still sold, but they are being made on a large scale, with new carts even being released (Like the newer Genesis carts).
3. So? Did they see any Gameboy micros or GBA SPs there?
These things are a nich product, do you really think people are going to walk around (At the Olympics, no less) and spend their time playing NES games? I have talked to several people from China who are actually techies, and these things sell very well to a certain sector of people, you just have to go to the right gaming stores. The English teacher is a poor comparison; Heck, my English teacher barely knows what a DS Lite is, does that mean they do not exist in America?
So, yes, you CAN get these in China, cheaply and easily, too.
4. I don't know about where you live, but I find it hard to believe they have a bin of them, unless they are way overcharging or something. Also, ebay has a new policy where they are pulling all listings for NOACs with built in games, they do not want copyright infringement.
5. Even if power plays ARE cheaply available, they are not as good for a small NOAC project. They eat way more power, run at a higher voltage, AND need a controller board and a screen. You think that a powerplay+2.5" OLED screen+battery is going to be as cheap OR as small as a onestation?
In short, everything you just stated is either false, incorrect, wrong, or false. PWNED
And what is the point of that picture? Not only is it a double post, but it is not even a portable.