Well, as you guys know, this was my Portable-Palooza contest entry. In time, I saw that my older control pad didn't work well and with the inspiration from Life of Brian's work, I recreated the control pad with some changes. I used a PSOne controller analog stick and I relocated the paddle trigger remaining loyal to the original design of ATARI 2600 paddle controller.
* Uses only 4XAA batteries at 2500mAh,
* Uses 3.5" TFT screen,
* New video mod applied for better picture,
* Color pot is fed by a step-up regulator from Dimension Engineering; color never changes due to voltage dropage once you set it to your taste,
* Built in dip-switches for choosing left or right joystick as some games(e.g. Wizard of Wor) use right joystick,
* Includes player 1 and 2 difficulty switches,
* At least, 3 hours of play time.
Also, check the tv below. I've used it for this portable. It's the best screen I've ever seen. It works with 4 x AA batteries, has a great resolution, has high-quality components and it even accepts RGB.
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/product ... 183075.jpg
Insides of the unit changed a bit due to new controller parts application.
Let me know what you think... Enjoy!