kasar´s second GCp project ,now of wood [with huge pics!]

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

kasar

Post by kasar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:38 am

ShockSlayer wrote:Nah, I'll probably just make a more "clip-on" version of a wii laptop.

Anyways, everything looks great, do you have a video?

SS
thanks man ,yes I was wondering about make a video soon, but this morning when testing a few the system something went wrong, the controller seems half crapped, and dont know how to fix it, tryed put new wires at most of buttoms, replace joysticks, but it seems fully crapped. the only fix I think will work , is buy another controller, and rewire all buttoms again...

If I said I would finish it arround 2 weeks, now are at least 3 weeks :S

so the video will take a few time :cry:
Last edited by kasar on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Thats cool, It'd be better to spend more time on it before making a presentation, than to try to show off a useless unit.
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:56 pm

I have a question that I need answered as I'm in the process of my one GCp... on the controller board there is a battery, but I would like to chop off the top of the controller board. I think you moved it already, but can you tell me where it goes connected directly to the motherboard? Or is it not important. I really don't know what its for. Thanks in advance.
thats basically what i want to do, just to make that clear, but reattach the battery

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:09 pm

It keeps the setting for the bios....and time. Without it animal crossing would turn into mr resetti hell.

Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks, that makes sense. That explains why its asked me to reset the time and such when I turn on the console after modding it sometimes. I sometimes disconnect the controller port so its not dangling off. Now, the real question is... where can I connect it to the mother board?

kasar

Post by kasar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:13 pm

stratocaster, here you have the pinouts from the gc controller board.

check the pins 1/14 (the ones you connect to the main gc mobo) I connected there controller 1,reset buttom, power led, battery for settings.

so I removed fully that mobo, and I wired all pins i need directly from the gc mobo (near the controllers plug)

if you only need wire the battery, put the battery (+) to the pin 13, and the battery (-) to the pin 9 or pin 3.

for test it the battery mod, only unplug the video and power cables out of your gamecube arround 1 min,then reconnect all stuff and check if it still asking for set a language,time,.......

Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:49 pm

Thanks, you were really helpful, but now I'm having problems again. I think the biggest problem lies in that diagram being slightly different than my gamecube. Mine has 12 pins, and then 2 extra on each side... but only 12 go to the gamecube. I decided the 2 extras must count, and did my soldering accordingly. However, soldered to those pins it won't work right. Right now it doesn't keep its settings, but the funny thing is... its apparently connected to the reset button. Everytime the battery touches metal it resets. Kinda funny huh? Oh well, Tommorow I'll try again.

kasar

Post by kasar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:18 pm

:) the problem is you allocated bad pins at pin 13 and 14

but you only need to quit one pin from each corner so pin 2 will be now the first pin, and the pin 13 will be the last.

so pin 1 and pin 14 are nothing.

this may be confusing, and I think you want the pinouts directly from mobo, right?

then this pic should make you happy :wink:

Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:31 pm

Thanks, I think I see how I can fix it now, oh and nice pic of captain falcon from melee. I mained him back when I was awesome at that game ;) best character ever

but ya seriously, I think I can get it to work now.

Edit: Made a topic about another trouble I'm having with the cube. I would have put it here put I'm tired of putting my questions in a forum about another person's creation. Anyway, the page is http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=25142
After this one last problem I should be home free about making this portable work. :D

kasar

Post by kasar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:50 am

yeah, C Falcon istill my favorite character. FALCON PUNCH!!!! :lol:

I replied your other topic too, hope that help.

but dont worry about ask for help in the forums, the forums works for that purpose ^^. I also am pleased to convert my topic into a FAQ

also all of us has been noobs in past (I still being a noob with lot of things here ^^) and I will be pleased to reply your questions also in my own topic ;)

hey, why not make your own topic asking the progress of your portable? asking the materials you used, lot of pics,.... ect.

those project topics allways get this forum a wonderfull place , also see more gcp´s arround here will be nice :wink:
Last edited by kasar on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kasar

Post by kasar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:43 am

Well, after lot of frustrating seconds/minutes/hours/days and weeks, fried mobos, controllers and stuff, and lot of wasted money/time. I finally restored the system to the last steep and added some new things. like fans, power plug, power led, cmos battery, main batteries (li-on)

and everything fit perfect inside, all I need is wire the batteries to the main power and cut a square for close the case
Last edited by kasar on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 am

Wow - how many hours have you put into this so far?
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

kasar

Post by kasar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:02 am

Life of Brian wrote:Wow - how many hours have you put into this so far?
mmm I´m not sure, but for sure 100+ (I think more)
Last edited by kasar on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:36 am

Looks nice, I like the backup :P

atarihacker

Post by atarihacker » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:59 pm

mmm I´m not sure, but for sure 100+ (I think more)
thats a ton of work
are you satisfied with the qoob pro modchip?
once in a thread talkin about the new gp2x "wiz"
bacteria wrote:"Wiz", isn't that what you Americans say - "Going for a wiz"?
LOL maybe in the early 90`s