Quick HBN-style mod for Audiofiles (Pics and How-To) *56K*

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:18 pm

sound quality is subjective at best, you still get what you pay for. the cheap headphones that come with a generic CD player versus sennheissers or shures or grados, take your pick lol. i usually use a pair of koss headphones that i paid a dime for, they work and dont sound horrible so its no big deal, but if i had the disposable income to afford such luxuries i would get myself a decent pair of headphones, probably senns or some koss portapros

HBN

Post by HBN » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm

I use KOSS earbuds when I go to the store. They have good sound.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Awesome mod on the cheap, but I'll stick with my AKG Reference headphones, kthnx. :)
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:44 am

ackk I fooled around with the wires too much now my right earbud is dead.

Now Im gonna get either another pair of Gumies, or these

http://tinyurl.com/5ds8qw

I am deciding to give in-ear a chance.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:47 am

Jongamer wrote:ackk I fooled around with the wires too much now my right earbud is dead.

I can't use earbuds for long. For some reason they hurt my ears....

Also, please do not use tinyurl's in forums. It isn't really necessary, and it pisses some people off.

Jongamer

Post by Jongamer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:13 am

WhatULive4 wrote:
Jongamer wrote:ackk I fooled around with the wires too much now my right earbud is dead.

I can't use earbuds for long. For some reason they hurt my ears....

Also, please do not use tinyurl's in forums. It isn't really necessary, and it pisses some people off.
If you wear them allot, your ears get used to it, It used to take bout 10-15 min till my ears started hurting, now they don't start to hurt until about an Hour, and usually have to take them out after 2 hours, usually I can stick them back into my ears after an hour and they will be just fine.

Well the people it pisses off can get over it.

I don't Rick Roll people, Rick Roll is the most retarded prank ever, and people that pull them should grow the **** up.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:20 am

Jongamer wrote:I don't Rick Roll people, Rick Roll is the most retarded prank ever, and people that pull them should grow the **** up.
So for having a laugh, people should grow the **** up? I don't like to keep calling you out, but you seem always really miserable about light-hearted humor. It's not as if a rick roll is murdering someone.

Anyway, as good as this mod is, the headphones look nasty. To be honest, as good as sound quality is you need a pair of headphones that look nice, like some Skullcandies or something :), even though they are missing bass and crap.

In-ear headphones are pretty leet really, along with earbuds. I have some Sony headphones because unless it has Sony or Seenhesier (sp?) on it, I wont buy it.

Jongamer

Post by Jongamer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:26 am

Negative_Creep wrote:
Jongamer wrote:I don't Rick Roll people, Rick Roll is the most retarded prank ever, and people that pull them should grow the **** up.
So for having a laugh, people should grow the **** up? I don't like to keep calling you out, but you seem always really miserable about light-hearted humor. It's not as if a rick roll is murdering someone.
Well its annoying when you can't even use tinyurl without someone thinking your gonna Rick Roll them, would you guys have preferred me to stretch the page with a long URL?

Not to mention it was funny at first, but now Rick Roll is just old as hell and not funny.

Now Rick Rolling the Mets game or whatever, I agree that would be freakin' hilarious.
Last edited by Jongamer on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:26 am

Negative_Creep wrote:In-ear headphones are pretty leet really, along with earbuds. I have some Sony headphones because unless it has Sony or Seenhesier (sp?) on it, I wont buy it.
What about the Bose Triports? I had been looking at those for a while.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:20 am

WhatULive4 wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:In-ear headphones are pretty leet really, along with earbuds. I have some Sony headphones because unless it has Sony or Seenhesier (sp?) on it, I wont buy it.
What about the Bose Triports? I had been looking at those for a while.
A link? Most headphones are good, but i've had too many bad expriences and I hate spending money on something that seemed it would be good and was total suck.

IM LOOKING AT YOU PHILIPS.

@Jongamer: I don't like TinyURL's either cuz it can be a rickroll, but when people post rickrolls it is quite funny, and it's just light-hearted humor not something to be stressed about.

HBN

Post by HBN » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:27 am

Negative_Creep wrote:Anyway, as good as this mod is, the headphones look nasty. To be honest, as good as sound quality is you need a pair of headphones that look nice, like some Skullcandies or something :), even though they are missing bass and crap.
I just use em to work with, so looks aren't a big deal. Now if I went out in public, theres no way in hell I'd wear these in they're current condition.

Nothing a few coats of nice paint won't fix. Maybe black with flames? Or Diamond-Plate? Hmmm... Me thinks this could become much more complex later on.

Thanks for the comments.
Last edited by HBN on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:31 am

When I originally saw this on instructables, I had planned to incorporate my ipod shuffle into the cans making it a self contained mp3 player/headphones setup.

HBN

Post by HBN » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:56 am

You should do that. There is more than enough room.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:04 am

I love these

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_ep_2.htm

They're dead cheap and do me fine, although they are a tad bulky but for less than a tenner thats not bad. Having said that i rarely tend to order them on their own :lol: usually with other stuff im getting.

P.S For those in europe Thomman is the place to go if you want cheap high quality music/PA equipment,

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:05 am

HBN wrote:Maybe black with flames? Or Diamond-Plate? Hmmm... Me thinks this could become much more complex later on.

Wow. Our minds seem to work alike pretty frequently. :shock: The flames would be easy to do, but diamond plate is kind of thick to be able to easily follow the curve of the cans.

Did you think about blue/silver lightning on black yet? :lol:
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.