Where to buy PSone screens for reasonable prices

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

minkster
Where to buy PSone screens for reasonable prices

Post by minkster » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:16 pm

Hey, I've heard about EB games being out of stock of their PSone screens so I was wondering what other stores possibly sell them besides ebay? And what are some reasonable prices so I don't get ripped off from searching for them.Thanks a lot :)

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:36 pm

From the Gamestop website, last time I looked they sold a bundle of the PSone andthe screen for 50. Since they charge 30 for the console, $20 is pretty good for the psone screen. (so you get either a PSone with it or you can trade in the console for a bit of a cost difference.)

Don't forget that some of the newer 5" screens are basically the same as the Sony psone screen...

(BTW would $40 in-store for a 5" gamecube screen be a reasonable price?)

Weebl

Post by Weebl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:00 pm

Well, the gamestop website doesn't have any in stock currently, so that's no good (unless you want to wait a couple months for them to find it in store for you). You might try ebay, I saw a psone+screen combo go for about 50 on there including shipping, and if you're lucky you could get an in the box one on ebay for abouts 35.
Women are like internet domain names; all the ones I like are taken
Check out my shameless abuse of free blogging here

minkster

Post by minkster » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:23 pm

bicostp wrote:From the Gamestop website, last time I looked they sold a bundle of the PSone andthe screen for 50. Since they charge 30 for the console, $20 is pretty good for the psone screen. (so you get either a PSone with it or you can trade in the console for a bit of a cost difference.)

Don't forget that some of the newer 5" screens are basically the same as the Sony psone screen...

(BTW would $40 in-store for a 5" gamecube screen be a reasonable price?)
So basically they sell them together, but not seperately?...Hmm I may look into this one, since I have a gamestop nearby maybe I could bargin with them if I can just buy the PSone Screen only :twisted: It prolly wont work, but its worth a shot :wink:

EDIT: Just checked to see if they were in my area, and it said they had 0 units in stock...damn. By any chance does EB games update the psone screens in stock semi-often because I can work on other things with my NESp (wiring, video amplifier, nes controls etc.) before buying one for an expensive price.

xriverfalconx

Post by xriverfalconx » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:46 pm

From what I've seen, on average, every 2 weeks they have some. Sometimes sooner...gotta keep checking. I look every day at least 3-4 times. Had I known people were interested in the hip gear, I would've posted about it days ago.

When I see more there, I promise I will post something about it being there.

minkster

Post by minkster » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:51 pm

Wow, thanks a lot...I've been checking periodically myself, but no luck yet.

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:48 pm

You could always buy the screen and sell the console back to them, you'd probably lose $10, but it's pretty much ok to pay $30 for a PSone screen.

minkster

Post by minkster » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:53 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of that myself...I'm not in a hurry because I'm also waiting for a Diji-Key order so I can finish the soldering on tact switches and wire both pc boards from bens schematics on the nesp. So, probably if ebgames updates by the time I finish this work, then I will buy it from there...or if they arent updated I'll buy it from gamestop and sell the psone that comes with it. Thanks for the suggestions. :wink:

jeffslot
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by jeffslot » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:02 am

Hi guys,

It's 10/12/2005 @ 8:00a.m. I was just on ebgames.com & they had some psone screens in stock.

Thanks.

Jeff S