psone screen blues PLEASE HELP

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

phantom92opera
psone screen blues PLEASE HELP

Post by phantom92opera » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:28 pm

I have multiple screens, unmodded and LED modded, plenty of speakers etc.
I am running multiple projects at once and have motherboards everywhere but for this post I will focus on the NES

I created Ben's video circuit verbatim from the book and have my video signal going into pin one of connector two on the psone screen. I have both grounds on the right connector grounded to the nes board, and the 5v on connector one connected to the 7805 on the back of the screen. That 5v is also the power input for my NES (pin 3 near the RF box). I have tried new speakers, switching screens, flipping the cart slot, flipping the cart, and removing the 220 resistor on the 5v in for the NPN Transistor, to no avail. the screen lights up but displays nothing. I don't get audio either. I have tried other systems and my atari wont load composite video using Ben's new or old mod. I cannot figure out why 5 screens wouldn't do this, something must be wrong with my video circuits because the mobos are fully functional. Do i need to connect anything else to the screen to help it receive the signal? I am at wits end, but won't give up. Please post any and all advice (I even tried new NPN transistors)

Thanks,
Phantom

phantom92opera

Re: psone screen blues PLEASE HELP

Post by phantom92opera » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:46 am

UPDATE: i multimetered the actual video signal coming out of the NES and it varies (is this normal?) the screen is now blinking. it flashes bright white (or pink) then loads a frame of the game, then flashes again. this is because the video signal is fluctuating (output from the system, not the amp) between 2 and i think 3.5 v. am i doing something incorrectly? why is the signal doing this? should i follow the trace back to the chip and use that instead of the 5th pin on the rf section of the board? i tried slapping a couple of diff caps or resistors on the video signal to no avail, the signal smoothed on screen but no image came up :(

PLEASE HELP
Phantom

phantom92opera

Re: psone screen blues PLEASE HELP

Post by phantom92opera » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:38 pm

image was cart slot related, improper connection with cartridge causes blinking output from NES console, mod can lock.