Intec Gamecube Screen Help!

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

FishMcMuffin
Intec Gamecube Screen Help!

Post by FishMcMuffin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:24 pm

I just bought an Intec Portable Gamecube lcd screen from a friend. Upon plugging it in, the backlights illuminate, and the picture shows up...but theres something wrong with the picture: It's all "wave"y. I opened it up to try to adjust the picture, and I tried all the visibly apparent adjustments and nothing helped. Any suggestions?

PS: The type of LCD screen is a casio cmv54nt04p.

-FishMcMuffin ^_^

FishMcMuffin

Post by FishMcMuffin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 pm

bump

Bigmac

Post by Bigmac » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Wow, wait at least a day or two before you bump your topic.
palmertech wrote: As several members have told me, "pics or GTFO!".

FishMcMuffin

Post by FishMcMuffin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:18 pm

Bigmac wrote:Wow, wait at least a day or two before you bump your topic.
bump. :!:

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:39 am

I just got the same thing, I have 2 things to say to you #1 check your power (i sold my gamecube awhile ago and im using a keyboard plug 3 other plugs powered it but the screen looked like crap) #2 your friend gypped you, this screen sucks for contrast anything over the SNES.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:12 pm

To all noobs:

IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DO. THIS JUST CREATES MORE NOOBS. At the very least, state that you don't know, but offer the following suggestions.

Now then:

Your issue is a most likely a power issue. Check the voltage that is going in to your screen. It's either too much or too little that causes this issue, I'm not sure which. Check the voltage with a multimeter, not by reading what your batteries are supposed to run at, or what voltage your wall adapter is supposed to output. It's rarely the same.

The other possible problem is still with power, but instead with current. If you're using batteries, make sure they're not alkaline, and make sure they're charged.
Hey, sup?