ps one screen dimensions

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

wasted_druid
ps one screen dimensions

Post by wasted_druid » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:17 pm

Can anybody tell me the dimensions of an official psone screen and circuitboard? I checked ebay, and they're definitely within my pricerange, I just want to know weather it'll be too big or not. Thanks.

wasted_druid

NeoGoldenBoy

Post by NeoGoldenBoy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:24 pm

I know the screen is of 5", but I don't know the size of the circuit and everything else, but still I know it is a little smaller than a PSOne (not the PSX) including the casing.

I think it is a little larger than the CD Cover of the PSOne (or the same size) with the casing, so the circuitry is a little smaller, I think that the circuitry might be about the size of a CD.

Hope this helps.
Ň£ơĢ°łÃ°ęņßõ¥
I'm all alone, dealing with my broken heart. Why I have feelings if they feel so bad. All seems so dark, will I ever see light?

stereth

Post by stereth » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:42 am

See if you can find a good picture of the PSOne and screen. The circuitboard is round and basically fills up the plasting housing. At a guess, it's about a 6" x 4.5" oval.