Thoughts on this screen? (19" HDMI LCD")

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

wezza7611
Thoughts on this screen? (19" HDMI LCD")

Post by wezza7611 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:48 am

Just purchased this screen for use with a Ps3 "laptop".

http://www.ebuyer.com/272148-hannspree- ... xm19sports

kind of dived in without really doing any research. as I do. Anyway, after ripping it apart, from the untrained eye it seems to have a lot of potential, particularly for a novice. it strips down relatively small, and the HDMI input also comes with some very flexible speakers, with plenty of excess wire so they are easily moved, saving you the hassle of wiring up your own audio system. In addition to this, so are the control buttons, making the installing of volume controls unnecessary. It also has a headphone jack which, although inconveniently placed, could be moved by someone with the correct know-how

There are, however, downsides. It isn't widescreen, which can be an instant no go for some folk (but not myself, fortunately). after removing as much as i could it's still rather thick, mainly because I'm having trouble relocating all the circuitry into the main body due to size constraints. This also means I'm going to have to provide some ventilation for the actual monitor.

Of course, a much more skilled person may be able to work around the latter problem by cutting up the circuitry and doing some tetris crap.

Thoughts and comments?

Edit: Ill provide some pictures of it stripped down when i get a moment