Need Help for a GCp

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Monstercrunch
Need Help for a GCp

Post by Monstercrunch » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Hello ! I'm called Monstercrunch, I'm French and I'm 15 ( so sorry for the future mistakes ).

I would like to make a GameCube portable, but I don't know how ! Before all, I would like to make a list of all I'll need.

I thank to:
- 1 Gamecube
- 1 GC gamepad
- 1 screen ( Will it work with this : http://www.priceminister.com/offer?acti ... =280129617" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ? )
- 1 battery
- Other..

If you know a website where I can buy something that I'll need, or a guide to make a GCp ( in French if possible ) say it !
I hope that I will spend under 80€ ( = 110$ ). Is it possible ??

Thanks for reading ! Monstercrunch.

Tchay

Re: Need Help for a GCp

Post by Tchay » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:51 pm

That is a PSP screen. I'm not sure if its possible with a Gamecube but I wouldn't use it.

Use either this http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5-DVD-VCR-TFT-LCD ... 2559e4ee62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or this http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-Zenith-5-TFT-L ... 335b39f4c0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are tons of guides on this website. Use the search function up top and start doing research :)
Image Image

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks a lot, but do you know a guide in French ?

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Sorry for the double post but, can you please give me a link for each components I have to buy ( like that, I will see how many I will spend for this project ).

Monstercrunch.

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Monstercrunch wrote:Sorry for the double post but, can you please give me a link for each components I have to buy ( like that, I will see how many I will spend for this project ).

Monstercrunch.
111.48 Euros is the cheapest you can spend on parts. I'm afraid I do not have the time to give you links to every component. If want me to build you one, I can do that.
Image Image

kasar

Post by kasar » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:18 pm

yep, that PSP screen cant be used unless you have hardware to convert a composite video signal to the digital signal of the exact psp screen.

about 80 euro ...... :D

I highly doubt about, making portables is allways a way to spend lot of money, I did mine for arround 200€ (I think more)

I also suggest you to get at least another controller, you may need to replace stuff or use more parts, it deppends about the method you want to use to reallocate the controls.

you also will need to buy stuff like soldering iron, lot if wire, pliers and another stuff if you actually dont have any.

anyway dont let all of this scare you, if you can get a little more ammount of money, and you feel you are able to solder and do most of the stuff showed at my guide you are ready to build an awesome portable.

you also can request for a little help if you got stuck at an especific steep.
we all would love to help ;)

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:30 pm

@Tchay: << I thank that I could do one with less than 100€... Are you sure that is the cheapest ? I just want to do the most simple GCp, You show me a screen that cost 12€ ( 16$ ), I think I can found a GC + a game pad for 20€ ( 27$ ). Next, I need a battery and other things but I have just spent 32€ ( 43$ ) ! Does the battery cost 80€ ( 110$ ) ??!

Maybe I am to optimist...
If want me to build you one, I can do that.
It's nice, but I search to make one alone "like a grown-up" If I can say that. I want to be able to say : " It's me that done that !" (<== I think I've made a mistake in this sentence ^^' ).>>

But I have time, I will start the construction this summer ( if I have find all that I need ).

@Kasar: When you say "to get at least another controller", you think I could change the games console ? What do you propose ? A PS1 ?

Monstercrunch.

kasar

Post by kasar » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Monstercrunch wrote:@Kasar: When you say "to get at least another controller", you think I could change the games console ? What do you propose ? A PS1 ?

Monstercrunch.
no, not exactly that.

I was talking about you probably will need some extra parts in case something goes wrong, or the reallocation method of the controller involves more controllers

oh, just a random question, before continue what kind of portable you want?

a portabe which dont require electronics hacking at all and cheaper, like this?

just a premade screen to add to a existing gamecube and a battery under the system, every already designed and ready to work.

OR

a system like the ones several members of this site already made (the ones with lot of work on it and nice and custom final view)

example:

(Hailrazer's portable)

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:15 pm

You could get most of the parts for about 100 Euros IF you did not include the battery, used one controller, a 3.5" car monitor screen (which I linked you to earlier) and found a cheap Gamecube.

Its possible, but it would be very basic. My portable Gamecube has cost me 500 dollars in tools and supplies alone, to give you a comparison.
Image Image

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 am

@kasar: I would like to do something like your / like the second picture. Something that I can use everywhere. But the simplest possible.

@tchay: I will have more money this summer, so, I thing that I could buy all I'll need. But Is the PS1p cheapest to make than the GCp ?

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:08 am

Finally , I think that I will make a PSOne portable, exactly like that: http://gtd6288.tollfreepage.com/ps1p.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ( but, I'll try to place the joysticks, do you think that is possible ? ).

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:05 pm

See my new topic there, I need your help.

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Sat May 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi guys ! :mrgreen:

The idea to make my GBp is coming back in my mind, and some questions too. First, I want to show you my concept:

Now, the questions:

- Is my concept makable feasible ?
- Will this screen work for my GCp : http://cgi.ebay.fr/4-3-TFT-LCD-Monitor- ... 230fe08972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If yes, I suppose that I'll have to put externals speakers ?

And finally, is the 100€ limit possible ? ( I saw GC + controller for 15€, the screen is for 20€, I think 10€ for the buttons (on/off), were the last 55€ will be used ? In batteries ? )

Sorry for my english, Bye +

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Mon May 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Yup, no comment ?

I have a new question: what is the size of the GC mother board (not cut, length and width ) ?

Thanks, +

unicycler17
PSN Username:unicycler17

Post by unicycler17 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:16 pm

11.5 cm by 12 cm