Please Help xbox arcade cabinet Triggers??????

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

The OG MK Tios
Please Help xbox arcade cabinet Triggers??????

Post by The OG MK Tios » Mon May 14, 2012 4:38 am

Hello Please Forgive me if Posted in the wrong Place Bassicly wht iam Doing is Building and arcade Cabinet
and soldering the wires from a Original Microsoft Fat and arcade parts i bought I got every thing solder correctly to every button except for the L,Triggers R,Triggers

can someone Please tell me How do i find the The Signal on the Triggers??? button so i can hook it up to a Button and Press it to control tht action or Show me were to solder exactly for Both Controller so i can use all the Buttons on my aracde stick

For an example a digram for Original Xbox
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb...x_diagram2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

superben51
PSN Username:superben52

Re: Please Help xbox arcade cabinet Triggers??????

Post by superben51 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Your link is broken. Really if you want to do it yourself just filp your board over and look for solder points.

RDC

Post by RDC » Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 pm

The 'signal' is the center connection of the 3 for the Triggers. You'd wire up your new button to the center spot, then to one of the other ones. Which one exactly depends on the version of controller and that link doesn't work.

Imagine those are the 3 connections for say the Left Trigger. You'd wire up your new button to the 1 and 2 spots. If that doesn't work, then wire the button up to 2 and 3 and it should. If neither work than something is wrong, because one of those 2 methods should.

If the Triggers have been removed from the controller that adds another problem that needs to be addressed, as it causes the Analog lines to float, so it's best to just leave the Triggers on the controller if they still are, or reinstall them if they were removed.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
Re-mappable Wireless 360 Controller - The CGnome

The OG MK Tios

Post by The OG MK Tios » Mon May 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Ohh man u Guys reply quick on here thank u i will try tht yes i did remove the triggers

and heres the link a gain
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_di ... agram2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RDC

Post by RDC » Tue May 15, 2012 7:31 am

Solder up your new button to the 2 and 3 spots.

Since you've removed the Triggers, you'll need to either reinstall them, or just install a 10k Resistor between the 1 and 2 spots. One of these needs to be done though as the Trigger lines are Analog, and without the Potentiometer of the Trigger in there the Analog line floats, which can cause issues in some games or erratic controller behavior. Either reinstalling the Triggers, or installing the 10k Resistors, keeps the lines from floating and the controller acting normally.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

The OG MK Tios

Post by The OG MK Tios » Tue May 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello ok so i can resolder the triggers or i can solder some 10k Resistors to it as well ok i dont know much about Resistors waht do i tell the guy at the Electronics store tht i need besides tht i need 10 k resistors for example the watts??? or some other sizes the colors of the resistors

RDC

Post by RDC » Wed May 16, 2012 12:14 am

Just 10k 1/4w will do, but anything from 10k to 100k, 1/8w to 1w or so would work just as well for what you're doing there. 10k 1/4w are just more common and you shouldn't have any problems finding those.

The OG MK Tios

Post by The OG MK Tios » Wed May 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Hello ok Thnk u for replying i will go buy those Now :D U were very Help full I appreciated

RDC

Post by RDC » Wed May 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Welcome.

The OG MK Tios

Post by The OG MK Tios » Thu May 17, 2012 12:28 am

dude I hate To Bother but as soon as I solder all the wires 2 wires to each regular button the Buttons wont respond y??? one on top and one on the bottom they wont respond i solder one wire to negative and the Positive can u please explain wht i did wrong and can u please tell me whts the proper way i am supposed to solder the wires to this controller so ill work with a push of a button

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_di ... agram2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RDC

Post by RDC » Thu May 17, 2012 12:43 am

I can't see what you've done there, and that description really isn't helping, so it's hard to tell exactly.

What you need to do is go one button at a time and make sure it works, then move on. So the first thing you need to do is desolder whatever you've done to the thing, then start over and take it a lot slower and test along the way.

All of the buttons on the Duke are a Common Ground, so you only need one wire for that connection, then it can be 'daisy chained' around to all of the other buttons. Doing this saves a lot of work and you only need 1 wire for the Ground connection for the nee buttons, instead of 1 for each button. Either way you go about that though is the same and they will both work exactly alike.

If you can post up some pics that will help as well. You can upload them to some place like PhotoBucket or ImageShack.

Also, if you've removed the Sticks from the board, they need to be locked in the center position with Resistors or that will cause issues as well. The Analog lines of the controllers are meant to always measure something, and when the Triggers/Sticks are removed it can cause all manner of weirdo problems, so if you've pulled the Sticks from the board lock them down first, everything might be fine. But if they are still on the board, then take it back to square one and start over.

The OG MK Tios

Post by The OG MK Tios » Thu May 17, 2012 3:16 am

Dam i got it going with one wire like u meantioned now hes the strange thing doh X and Y wont respond just using the Ground signal so i was messing with my controlls for hours until i Connected a wire to the White Button to the Top Solder spot 1 tht look like'this
1 this one i used and solder to the white button

Now when I touch the X and the Y with ground wire it will respond how strange is tht or is tht the way it supposed to be

as fpr pics i will try

RDC

Post by RDC » Thu May 17, 2012 11:00 am

I can't really tell much more without seeing what's been done there.

All of the buttons are Common Ground, so none of them should work any differently from the others. The A,B,X,Y,Black and White buttons are Analog as well, but that's not messed with here and just connecting the Y button line to Ground will make it work.

The top spot for the Triggers is the Analog voltage line, and should not be connected to anything but your 10k Resistor.

1 - Resistor lead
2 - Resistor lead & Button wire (signal, LT)
3 - Button wire (ground)

The OG MK Tios

Post by The OG MK Tios » Thu May 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello I have a stupid question how do u daisy Chain to the Regular xbox controll??? and u can use any Common Ground to this right can u draw me a Example on this diagram using this diagram with photoshop or Paint shop

Dam iam an Idiot i figured out the Problem i had some solder on The white Button PCB Pad and it was causing problems now everything working fine so far i just need help with the daisy chain please and my cabinet will be complete

RDC

Post by RDC » Thu May 17, 2012 7:46 pm

All of the buttons have Ground for one side, so all you do is connect one button's Ground side to the next one.

Think of each new button have a 1 and 2 for the connections, because that's all there is anyway. All of the 1s are going to be Ground, so you can either run a single wire from each new button to the controller board, taking as many wires as you have buttons and wasting wire and space, or you can daisy chain them all together. Starting at the board you will go to the first new button's 1 spot for it's Ground connection, the from that button you just go to the next button, and so on and so on, instead of having to go from each new button back to the board.