Attempting first portable, and writing a tutorial.

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

CJB100
360 GamerTag:CJB100
Attempting first portable, and writing a tutorial.

Post by CJB100 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey guys, I'm attempting to make my first portable, and I figured the two best systems to start out with would be the Genesis or the Gamecube, considering the simplistic nature of the hardware and the small size of the storage mediums. I finally decided on the Cube tho, seeing how it's surprisingly well documented.

I'm mostly just making an introductory post and seeing how alive this forum is, because I'm going to need a lot of help. :) Also thinking that I might document my project as it goes and maybe make a tutorial as I go. Like I said, things are well documented, but not in one all-encompassing guide.

Well, I've taken some measurements of the system boards and whatnot, and I finally decided on a clamshell / netbook style. I'm expecting this to take somewhere along the course of 8 months to a year to finish. So, I'll post some more detailed hand drawn specs later, and list off features, but for now, here's a mock up of what I'm hoping it will look like, from front and right side views.
gamecube portable mockup.png
Mockup PNG.
gamecube portable mockup.png (5.19KiB)Viewed 4935 times
I'll prolly make changes virtually all along the way, but expect some better, hopefully "to-scale" sketches later. :wink:

HemmitsHacknMod

Re: Attempting first portable, and writing a tutorial.

Post by HemmitsHacknMod » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Good thinking I will watch this closely as I am interested in reading your guide

Superduperdrew

Re: Attempting first portable, and writing a tutorial.

Post by Superduperdrew » Thu May 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Good luck, these can be challenging but are worth every minute. :D
If life gives you lemons, sell them on ebay.