Gamecube Portable

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Hollowthegamer
PSN Username:Hollowthegamer
Gamecube Portable

Post by Hollowthegamer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:53 pm

I've decided im going to make a gamecube portable.I am going to use the ZN-45 case from poly case( if this wont fit please recommend me another case).I've got my game cube and controller, but I need help with the the battery which one should I get? I don't want a li on battery though, I want something simple to work with. Also if anyone can find a lazer doodle on line please tell me.I've got everything else sorted out.Also I made a concept design took me around 10-15 mins to make,nothing special and its not accurate measurements.If this is in the wrong section I'm sorry I'm new here :D .

griehm
PSN Username:hotchik3nflings
Steam ID:invisiblejack22

Re: Gamecube Portable

Post by griehm » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:04 am

2000's gaming if fine.
You've listed two cases... Choose one, and work from there. If you keep changing your plans you'll end up in a mess.
Lazer doodles can be found on classifieds like Craigslist. eBay's probably going to have them too. You'll have to do your own searching, we aren't here to help you along your way to a portable. You can post a WTB ad in the buy/sell section (the trading post).
And batteries. You don't want to use Li-ion. Well, you'll have a tough time, they may be the easiest to work with (but prove me wrong). There isn't really anything easier. Go search around on eBay, local hobby shops and the such and you'll eventually find something that suits your needs, and has the correct voltages.

Oh, and how about a screen?
Setting up a website- I need input!
If you've got time- PM me for link.

Hollowthegamer
PSN Username:Hollowthegamer

Post by Hollowthegamer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:34 pm

griehm wrote:2000's gaming if fine.
You've listed two cases... Choose one, and work from there. If you keep changing your plans you'll end up in a mess.
Lazer doodles can be found on classifieds like Craigslist. eBay's probably going to have them too. You'll have to do your own searching, we aren't here to help you along your way to a portable. You can post a WTB ad in the buy/sell section (the trading post).
And batteries. You don't want to use Li-ion. Well, you'll have a tough time, they may be the easiest to work with (but prove me wrong). There isn't really anything easier. Go search around on eBay, local hobby shops and the such and you'll eventually find something that suits your needs, and has the correct voltages.

Oh, and how about a screen?
I'm using a PSone screen if you've got a better screen i can use tell me.

griehm
PSN Username:hotchik3nflings
Steam ID:invisiblejack22

Post by griehm » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Nope, not really. the PS1 LCD is one of the slimmest, and has the most threads on how to use/mod it.
Don't over voltage it too much, I used something way too high (always mark your battery packs) and I fried my last screen.
Setting up a website- I need input!
If you've got time- PM me for link.