Gamecube Modchip; Xeno v2.0

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Jwnz
Gamecube Modchip; Xeno v2.0

Post by Jwnz » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:48 pm

I've gone everywhere and I have had absolutely no success...

I have recently installed a Xeno chip v2.0. When i turn the GameCube on a red LED on the chip turn on for about a second or two, then an orange light comes on immediately after. The orange light indicates that the chip was installed correctly. ( it's green on earlier models of the chip ) I Directly soldered it to the board like your supposed to.

The cube still manages to read normal GameCube disks but I am having nothing but problems trying to get it to read Burnt DVDs. ( I Modded a game with a hex editor and want to test it out on the GameCube instead of an emulator )

I adjusted the Potentiometer from as low as 70 ohms to 250 ohms. No matter what I set it at the GameCube will not read the burnt DVDs. I've tried sony mini-DVD-r and verbatim DVD+r ( normal size. ) I've also tried multiple burn speeds...

The GameCube tries to read the disk, it spins for quite a long time but it always fails to load the burnt DVD. What could possibly be wrong? Every video and review I've seen or read has had nothing but success.