Cut down disc drive dimensions?

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Klefmung
Cut down disc drive dimensions?

Post by Klefmung » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Hey, I know wiikey fusion/wode is kind of "The wave of the future," but I want to challenge myself and see how well I can do with the dang ol' DD. It will also allow me to play the physical form of those precious games I spent my preteen years collecting. So, jumping in the proverbial time machine, I know a lot of people did some good work on the disc drives themselves and got them to be pretty reasonable based on pics Ive seen. Anyway, before I open up and start a'hackin', I want to have a case ready so I can begin housing things early and close her up as soon as I get the electronics done. I haven't made a portable since I was 14, and most of them when I was 13, which was a while ago, considering I am now 19, but most of my failures involved crap frying before I could figure out how to close 'er up. I decided I am now, after all these years, gonna bite the bullet and figure out the whole vac forming thing for myself. So, what would be the dimensions I can plan to cut the disc drive down to?
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)