Controller port and wired in controls together?

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Prandy
Controller port and wired in controls together?

Post by Prandy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi guys, I was having a think about how to make a GCp fun in both single player and multiplayer and got thinking: Is it possible to have a normal portable with controls and everything but retain the controller ports for multiplayer gaming? i.e just have normal controls to play on the go but plug in another controller for P1 through the port and play that way with friends etc.
Of course to do this a bigger screen would be much better so I guess the same question but to the video port, could you keep the port and plug in a tv and then play off that? I'd imagine to do it with a switch would require one pretty big switch indeed... I'm no pro at this so what do you guys think? I'm thinking it would be pretty cool to have a port you can put down and plug in again to use as a normal cube :D
Thanks

Prandy

Klefmung

Re: Controller port and wired in controls together?

Post by Klefmung » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:35 am

Yes and yes. just place a switch to switch power between the port and the imbedded controls. and for video, you can just hook up video to a port and to the screen at the same time.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

morgrif

Re: Controller port and wired in controls together?

Post by morgrif » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:31 pm

on the video I own the answer for that one:

instead of an on/off switch build up a 3 positions switch button (2 options)

1 -> off/100% on/on with screen off
this option lets you play:
-> both screens on, meaning so youre friend can actually play at the same time on a diferent and bigger screen (no small screen hassle).
-> all see on TV and this way you can shut down youre screen to keep it from consuming energy.

2 -> off/tv out off all rest on/p-screen off all rest on
-> all see on TV and this way you can shut down youre screen to keep it from consuming energy.
-> when youre actually using it as portable youre not sending "stuff" where you don't actually need it...

I started my GCp recently and I'm taking option 1 btw.
Good luck for you too =)