I have no experience....

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Rockin Husker
360 GamerTag:RockinHusker
I have no experience....

Post by Rockin Husker » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey people,
I REALLY want to build a gamecube portable but i have no electrical experience hardly at all. my question is: what would be a good way to make sure i do the right things and not fry everything that i put together? And i need help finding out what parts i will need. Would someone be willing to gimme their email or something so that i could contact them anytime i need help? i swear im not spam. lol I will not be starting right away though. in fact i have no idea when i will be starting due to money issues. and with christmas coming up money is even tighter. I cant wait to start building though! :D :D So any help or emails are appreciated!
thanks!
*enter witty phrase here*

Harlequin

Re: I have no experience....

Post by Harlequin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:02 pm

portables are something that is very easy to break the entire project with.

I suggest starting with something smaller, maybe get an old xbox and TSOP it and etc first. Wire up your own switch for AV and put in place your own AV ports in the back. This is stuff that is directly transferable (knowledge wise) to a portable project.

making a portable with limited knowledge will lead to frustration, a bunch of dead parts, and an extremely expensive learning curve.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Time to head over to JAMECO / Radio Shack or JayCar to get yourself an electronic kit :mrgreen:

cross

Post by cross » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 pm

your gamecube will be fine. It was my first portable and I had no idea what I was doing and it never fried. You'll be fine in modding just document and ask questions if you unsure