Does anyone know a good Gamecube portabalizing how to?

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

DarkenTheirFaces
Does anyone know a good Gamecube portabalizing how to?

Post by DarkenTheirFaces » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:30 pm

I am new to portabalizing, and I can't seem to find a good how to for a Gamecube. The only one I did find instructed me to melt a pen and stick it into my Gamecube to unscrew it, so now the only mod I have is my Gamecube has a pen stuck inside of it. I did find a good one for an NES, but someone gave me a free Gamecube so I would rather do that.

Gamerlolwind51649

Re: Does anyone know a good Gamecube portabalizing how to?

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Hay there!
good to meet ya, DarkenTheirFaces
i've read your post and understand your prob.
i, too like you was new to gc portablzing when i started, i remember opening my cube last summer in august using the "melt pen" method.
i had to do many tries and see many vids on it, but i only did one of the four screws using this method. :(
it isn't as easy as it sounds. plus the black plastic melt at the four hole conns of my gc and the smell too. horrid.

but i bought a gambit tool for opening the gc/snes/n64 type screws and solved this prob.

if your looking for some help on this, i have the tool pic on my work log in my sig if your interested :)

if you need a good how to gc guide, check out Kasar's awesome portable gc how to: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

about a second cube, i dunno, I'm modding my only pal one i got no other gc, sorry.
try asking around maybe in the trading post for a cube for trade for something?

hope this helps

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DarkenTheirFaces

Post by DarkenTheirFaces » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:04 pm

I honestly don't know where you got that I wanted/needed a Gamecube out of that, but Thank you for the help! I was also wondering if there was a way I could play games on it off of an SD card or something so I do not have to bring my whole game library with me where ever I go.

Gamerlolwind51649

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:20 pm

yes, you can use SD instead of disk drive alternate,

wiikey Fusion stuff: http://www.wiihacks.com/wiikey-fusion/8 ... ecube.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it basically replaces the dd and allows you to run your games via an sd card.
very handy for small portables :)

hackmodford had a wiikey with adapter board that here didn't want and was thinking of selling it because he don't need it anymore:

"Is there any chance you'd be interested in buying my wiikey with adaptor board? I'm not going to build the project anymore..."

he had asked me if i was interested in it,but i replied no because i was going to use dd instead.

he asked me this on june 7.

he may still have it, not sure, try asking him if he has it and if you want it pm him.

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DarkenTheirFaces

Post by DarkenTheirFaces » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:50 pm

But can you use both? I would still like to be able to use a disc (or is it spelled disk that has always confused me) when I want to. I probably wouldn't have money to buy anything for 2 months. How much has yours cost so far?

Gamerlolwind51649

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:35 pm

um, not sure if you can/can not use both. try asking this as a question here, maybe someone else knows better than me, but i think you can't because using both the DD and wiikey would require the same 32 pin wires, but the dd area on the gc mono goes only for one 32 pins connection.

but what your saying is having both them hooked up and a two way switch between them to change when you want dd or wiikey?

not sure if it's even possible, but it's a new idea, good or bad? no idea.

disc, i just misspell disc for disk sometimes when I'm thinking of what notes to type for my work log.

um, my gc or my project?

i don't know, maybe about 150 maybe 200 euros not sure haven't calculated the costs of materials that i got like prone screen, (wires/cutters/dremel kit/desolder iron/mask/gloves/spray paint etc).

the zcp I'm making isn't for sale, it's my only gc i've ever had and i had it since 2003 christmas, it was my first home console i owed ever. i grew up with it, most of the gc games i have for it are awesome/excleent mark games, not many but the best ever.

i have a special bond with my PAL gc, i ve been wanting to have a portable gc for a long time, couldn't buy one, so decided to build one.