I am starting a Gamecube portable.

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Rohan The Wind Waker
I am starting a Gamecube portable.

Post by Rohan The Wind Waker » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:27 am

I am starting a new Gamecube portable. It is not immposable. someone did a X box labtop first! I have done my research gatherd most of the stuff I need and so i'm ready to start.
Rohan The \/\/ind \/\/aker
I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay

Gamerlolwind51649

Re: I am starting a Gamecube portable.

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:07 am

roxas240 wrote:I am starting a new Gamecube portable. It is not immposable. someone did a X box labtop first! I have done my research gatherd most of the stuff I need and so i'm ready to start.
nice :)
goodluck with your project, Roxas240! :)
can't wait to see how it goes.
im currently working on mine.

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zeflis

Re: I am starting a Gamecube portable.

Post by Zeflis » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Do you have any plans in terms of added features? Like additional players, AC power as well as batteries?

Any plans on the style of case? you mentioned the XBOX laptop so are you planning to do a laptop style? Even just a picture of a sketch done in a few minutes would be cool to see how it might end up looking.

What kind of battery and screen are you planning on using? Most of us here use the Playstation One screen but a 3.5" screen can be useful for a smaller portable. Also batteries can be hard to fit in the system so some leave them out till them end and might make an attachment for the batteries to plug in if you want.

It's awesome that you want to make a portable but remember, it can be really really tough if you choose a gamecube for your first. It's not impossible, but its just easier if you have previous experience. Also make sure the Gamecube you have is the revision C. It's a lot easier to mod with due to less wiring and it doesn't have the regulator board in it which saves a lot of space. The way you can tell if it's a revision C is the back will only have the analog out. The revision A and B will have both analog and digital, which no one uses digital for modding.

I too am making a portable Gamecube. The link is in my signature, you should check it out. I used the laptop style with no batteries immediately in the system but using the attachment idea. I used a portable DVD player and extended it depth wise to fit in the electronics. Check it out