wiikey fusion error

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

markus
PSN Username:ikramtuht
wiikey fusion error

Post by markus » Sat May 14, 2011 8:18 am

I just finish installing the wiikey fusion in my gamecube.
It registers the bootable disc automatically, and I don't even need to press that switch to have it boot. That's fine, I guess but when I go to the menu of it, it says I have a "heading error" and it has something that always says "mounting..."
but I can't fix either, because when I click on mounting, it has a ton of numbers pop up and I can't do anything.
If I click on the other thing, wiikey settings, it takes me somewhere where I can configure stuff, but it doesn't do anything. I just put the update and Metroid Prime on the root of the SD card, is that the problem? Do those need to be in folders?

:oops: sorry for my wordy paragraph, just trying to get this fixed.
Markus

markus

Re: wiikey fusion error

Post by markus » Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 am

Another thing. It says "error wbfs open" and I have no idea what that means. Help please... I dont think I bridged any contacts either, so I assume this problem just has to do with software... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Markus

unicycler17
PSN Username:unicycler17

Post by unicycler17 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:10 am

what type of switch are you using? How did you set it up?

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sat May 14, 2011 11:51 am

You have to update the Fusion to 1.5

Load the update on the SD card and put it in the fusion, start the Gc , go to tue Wiikey menu and select the update.

Then you'll be fine.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

markus

Post by markus » Sat May 14, 2011 10:57 pm

I know WHAT to do, I just cant do it! I put update 1.5 on the sd card, put it in the wiikey, and when I turn the gc on, it automatically goes to the wiikey menu, I dont even need to press the button, but I cant select the update.. oh, btw I'm using the same button/switch as hailrazer and ashen. That radio shack dpdt one. I desoldered all the wires from the gc motherboard today anyway, I'll try again probably on monday or so. Maybe I had a bad connection somewhere? I dont see how that could affect it though... :|
Markus

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun May 15, 2011 7:31 am

Are you using WBFS manager 4.0 to add the files to SD card?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

markus

Post by markus » Sun May 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Yes. Is that the problem? Should I use 3.0? I thought that might be it...
Markus

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun May 15, 2011 9:24 pm

No. you should use WBFS manager 4.0. I thought maybe you were just dragging and dropping the files onto the card because of your statement about folders in the first post. Its odd that the Wiikey autoboots into the bootloader. In all of my experience so far, when its working properly on the GC it should not autoboot into the loader. Might have just been a misconnection somewhere. If all else fails try some thicker ground wires, that seems to be a common problem.

markus

Post by markus » Sun May 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Alright, I'll try that when I get around to it. :) Maybe I had a bridged wire somewhere, but yeah, it autobooted into it and the switch did nothing, so I will try again later. Lol I just want to finish getting this thing wired up. :D

Thanks for the help by the way!
Markus

markus

Post by markus » Thu May 19, 2011 6:59 pm

So. I connected everything up again today. Still the same freakin error. I have no idea of what to do. I made sure nothing was shorting, i used stronger wire, i followed the guide exactly. Anybody able to help? I have a DOL CPU 20, so that shouldnt be a problem. :shock:
Markus

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Thu May 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Disconnect the switch. It might be messed up.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu May 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Is it a "normally closed" switch that you are using? The connection from wii pin 29 should ALWAYS be making contact with ground, except for the brief moment you press the button to load the bootloader.

Edit: a decent way to test this is to disconnect the switch you have wired and just hold the pin29 wire to a ground point on the GC when you turn it on. It should boot to the IPL (Bios) menu. Go to the gameplay "tab" and release the ground connection on pin29 manually and only momentarily. It should then load the bootloader. boot it up and see what you get then.

It sounds like the connection to ground is broken at boot, so its autobooting the loader but doesn't know what to do afterwards because your pin29 connection is not being driven low by ground, which is required for the wiikey/wode to work properly.

markus

Post by markus » Fri May 20, 2011 7:53 am

I'm using the same switch you used Ashen. Also, hailrazer, do I need to have all those even connections on the wiikey fusion bridged together and connected to ground?
Markus

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Fri May 20, 2011 8:18 am

Well I did in order to get it to work right .
My Portable Systems:

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri May 20, 2011 8:25 am

markus wrote:I'm using the same switch you used Ashen. Also, hailrazer, do I need to have all those even connections on the wiikey fusion bridged together and connected to ground?
I realize that, however there are different ways that switch can be wired. You need to make sure you have it the correct way.

Also, all the even ground connections on the FFC cable should be bridged and connected to the GC ground. It says so right in my guide. If you haven't done this and have powed on the wiikey chip there is a good possibility you may have fried it.