hello i'm new

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

izisportiblizer77
hello i'm new

Post by izisportiblizer77 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:39 pm

hello im new and i had a couple of questions about portiblizing gamecubes. It will be called Go!Cube in case you wanted to know. :D and is it too small if i have a 3.5'' screen and a around 7 inch case?
Last edited by izisportiblizer77 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snor.....LAXXXXXX!

Zeflis

Re: hello im new

Post by Zeflis » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Welcome!!

Take a look at the sticky thread "Complete list of portable"s" and you'll get an idea of the size it needs to be. In my opinion, some of them in that list are unnecessarily MASSIVE, but some are very sleek. Keep in mind the amount of space that is needed for the disc drive will be more than you expect.

What exactly do you mean by "a 5" case"?????

izisportiblizer77

Post by izisportiblizer77 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:01 pm

on polycase under "desktop/instruments" the AG series has a model called "AG-85" and is 7 inches and i was going to use a 3.5 inch screen and the leftover sides i'll put the buttons on. plus i was going for a very small portable, and it will be quite a task but i'll try to make it happen. (corection on first post i meant 7 inches instead od 5 my bad) and i was looking at some portables on youtube and saw n64mini and thought hey the n64 is about the size of the gamecube just flat instead of a cube and if so can it make it about the size of the n64mini? (give or take some of the size.)
snor.....LAXXXXXX!

Zeflis

Post by Zeflis » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Ummm........

definitely not!!

I don't mean to sound offensive, but you have to take into consideration the size of the Disc Drive, as well as the fact that it cannot be made any smaller.
The N64 uses cartridges. While the actual cartridge takes up lots of space, the cartridge slot can be positioned ANYWHERE to compensate for that. The Disc Drive of the gamecube doesn't have that same maneuverability and is usually put on the back of the system. Even then, the system needs to be approx. twice the width of the DD to comfortably rest your hands on the back.

While some people have attempted to load ROMS onto USB or SD drives to save space, I've never seen one completed. If you want to try this, be my guest. If you are successful, please tell everyone here how to do it!! :D As far as I can say, that's the smallest you can make the Gamecube. If you want to see an idea of how big it would be, look at Hailraizer's NCube(just imagine that the DD isn't there :lol: )
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34490

When you made then comparison in size between the N64 and Gamecube, I think you were thinking about original casing size. The N64 has WAY more empty space inside and the plastic is much thicker. Also, you can use less heat sinks i the N64, while the GC needs all it can get.

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 pm

izisportiblizer77 wrote:on polycase under "desktop/instruments" the AG series has a model called "AG-85" and is 7 inches and i was going to use a 3.5 inch screen and the leftover sides i'll put the buttons on. plus i was going for a very small portable, and it will be quite a task but i'll try to make it happen. (corection on first post i meant 7 inches instead od 5 my bad) and i was looking at some portables on youtube and saw n64mini and thought hey the n64 is about the size of the gamecube just flat instead of a cube and if so can it make it about the size of the n64mini? (give or take some of the size.)
If you are talking about Zenlocs N64 mini, then yes you can do that. Pretty easily too. Have the DD on the back, and use a small flat heatsink with a fan perpendicular to the board. Would be difficult if you have no prior modding experience, however.

As for Sifuf's Sixty-free Lite-R, you could make a gamecube handheld in that size too. But you would need to be good at trimming and it would be almost impossible to fit batteries inside.
Image Image

izisportiblizer77

Post by izisportiblizer77 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:19 pm

lol i can make it as small as Sifufs 64 amazing... i know i a noob and im willing of taking the challenge of making it as small as possible. also, what would i use as power? and should i use a psone screen or a 3.5 inch screen
snor.....LAXXXXXX!

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:46 pm

izisportiblizer77 wrote:lol i can make it as small as Sifufs 64 amazing... i know i a noob and im willing of taking the challenge of making it as small as possible. also, what would i use as power? and should i use a psone screen or a 3.5 inch screen
The answers are all right in front you.
Image Image

izisportiblizer77

Re: hello i'm new

Post by izisportiblizer77 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:25 am

i just want an opinion on if i should use a four inch or five. and what do i use for batteries?
snor.....LAXXXXXX!

Tchay

Re: hello i'm new

Post by Tchay » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:41 pm

izisportiblizer77 wrote:i just want an opinion on if i should use a four inch or five. and what do i use for batteries?
most 4" screens are widescreen, so I would recommend 5". But it depends on the size of your portable. And once again, all the answers can be found on this site, including battery information.
Image Image