Disc drive dosen't spin

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Jhean
Disc drive dosen't spin

Post by Jhean » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:30 pm

As said in the topic, on my PS2 (SCPH - 50001) my disc drive dosen't spin or open.
It all began one day when a friend was over and I was playing a game on it. It gave me a disc read error in the middle of the game, which i've never heard of it doing, but anyway, so I reach to turn it off and I caused it to move back a little and it slightly hit the back of my entertainment system. I thought nothing of it since, I never hit my PS2 (I only dust it and worship it from afar). Next thing I know I try and start it up and it won't spin the disc or eject. So my friend comes over and picks it up and we here something moving in it. Like a small peice of plastic is loose.
He feels as if hes the big man (that I found out too late he dosen't know jack about fixing anything) and took it home to "fix" but made the problem worse. When he found the small plastic thing inside, he threw it away. And he dosen't remember what it looked like.

So as far as I know, all I need is a small part to the disc drive to get this thing working again and clean it out to stop the disc read errors.
So I was wondering if anyone knew what I might be missing or know something that I could do to fix my PS2?
Thanks.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:55 pm

Make your friend buy you a new one.

Dark Savant0

Post by Dark Savant0 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:13 pm

Post a pic of the innards.

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:13 pm

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:14 pm

Why the hell would he throw it out? I'd kick his ass.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:23 pm

Make him buy a new one, maybe the slim one. Sounds like when it hit a gear or something came off its track, and your "friend" threw it out deeming it "unnecessary".

Or at least make him pay you $150. :D

Post it in the Trading Post. Chances are the laser will still read the disc.