AngelArm1110's PS2p - the Kingdom PS2!!!!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

AngelArm1110
Re: PS2P hailrazer style

Post by AngelArm1110 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:49 pm

so anyway, im thinking of incorporating one of the usb ports into the design of my portable (only one because the other is used for the fans) but i dont really know if this would be necessary, as there arnt to many apps that make use of the PS2's usb capability. so can anyone think of any good reason to put one in?? cuz if not im gonna leave it out, but if theres a good reason i will incorporate one

thanx!!!!

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:17 am

To play guitar hero? :lol:

No idea, probably pretty useless on a portable.

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:25 pm

*shudders* ughhhh i cant stand the thought of guitar hero (no offense fans out there :wink: ) but yea, if thats all there is i wont even bother, lol

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:03 pm

AngelArm1110 wrote:*shudders* ughhhh i cant stand the thought of guitar hero (no offense fans out there :wink: ) but yea, if thats all there is i wont even bother, lol
Well If you wanted to hook up a Hard Drive then you would need the USB.

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:31 am

hmmmmm, i suppose maybe i could rig up some kind of port for it. i hadnt considered hard drive loading, and it is something that i've thought about trying. or if not for that than at least for emulators and such, you can launch homebrew off of usb flash sticks........ i believe i will include one then, after all i never know what kind of apps i might find

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:53 am

You could always wire up a USB stick internally if you wanted - if you don't want to cut holes for ports etc.

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:01 am

thats a pretty good idea, but i actually tried it already with a ps2 mod i did years ago. it was functional, but if i wanted to make changes to the contents, i had to take apart the console, which proved rather cumbersome :? . similarly, if you look at my modchip install pic, you see that i have a ps2 memory card wired directly to the mobo (128 meg :D ), which taken alone poses the same problem as the internal usb, but thats why i have the secondary memory card port on that back. and besides, i actually just finished putting the usb port on the case :roll: but thankyou for the suggestion none the less!!!

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:38 am

Yeah, my modchip for the slim arrived the other day. 20 wires to do :-(

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:46 am

ohh yea?? what kind did you get, and what model number is your ps2??

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 am

It's a slim, model SCPH-70003, so it still has the IDE functionality. The chip is a DMS4 Pro, I wanted that so that it's a case of simple switch-on-and-select-a-game, as the DMS has enough flash rom to store ToxicOS entirely on the chip itself, so it should boot straight to that instead.

I'll probably have a first stab at the mod chip this weekend, and once that's working have a look at soldering the HD-Connect adaptor on.

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:46 am

ohh yea, i remember that from another thread, lol. but anyway, i just wanna make a few suggestions for the chip install. first, use 30 awg kynar wire. you can pick it up at the source, and please, OMG please, use flux!!!!!!!!! it will make the install ohh so much easier. but take your time, and good luck :D

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 am

I've got both... and a fair bit of patience :-)

clenteastwood

Post by clenteastwood » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Have you herd of Free MCboot and ESR? its a soft mod for the PS2/two that will allow for specially patched backups and homebrew to boot on unmoded consoles! http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/index.htm http://forums.sksapps.com/free-mcboot/7 ... -beta.html

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:58 am

so..... i was doing some work on the battery mounting in the case, and i got the first 3 cells installed:

now i know some of you might think that i should have waited until i got all the final case work done before i go ahead and permanently mount the cells in, but the fact is they are fairly resilient, and well, the so called " mental blue print" i had for this portable has changed 10 times so far during it's construction. if i had actually drawn one up it would probably look nothing like the way it does now, simply because so many variables and factors have not been what i expected them to be, and they in turn forced me to slightly alter my designs to make it all function properly. so ALL that being said :lol:, i didnt plan on putting the cells in just yet, but all things considered, its really quite harmless.

also, i was fiddling with the dvd drive mount, and i noticed that the laser ribbon rides up quite close to the spinning disk (which during the functionality test, put a wide abrasion ring on my imported copy of kingdom hearts :cry: ). the cable wasnt perfectly aligned during the test, but when it was it still came within about 1mm of the disc, so i decided to dig out a little valley for the cable to rest in, and now the cable has about 4.5mm of clearance :D

you can also see the usb plug i installed :wink:

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:05 pm

well, i feel like a dumb ass. it turns out i may have spoken to soon about the battery working well. i had the system plugged into the battery, and everything was going well, and then i heard a bit of a pop sound, saw a bit of smoke, and the system shut off. i tried disconnecting everything and then reconnecting it, but it still wouldnt work. but this is the weird part, the battery still lights up when i push the test LEDs, and it still recharges normally, it just wont output any power to the console. it retains all of its functions, except giving away its stored power. now im pretty sure at this point, that the battery is toast, and the probability is i'll have to completely redo the back portion of the case.

BUT

before i go ahead and do this, can anyone think of any reason why this particular phenomenon might be occurring, and if you can, do you know any way i might fix it?? i would really rather not have to spend an extra (in all likelihood) $150 on this, but im really determined to finish this project, and i will probably do whatever it takes to make that happen.

im open to any suggestions you might have

thanks!!!!