AngelArm1110's PS2p - the Kingdom PS2!!!!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

AngelArm1110
Re: PS2P hailrazer style

Post by AngelArm1110 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:34 pm

i dont know how many of you would be familiar with PS2 homebrew software, but never the less i was wondering if anyone knew of a button tester program. you know, just a simple program that shows an image of the controller, and when you press a certain button its highlighted on the display. somthing like that i think would be helpful in any portablized console, just to make sure all the controls work

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:17 pm

well the new webcam finally came, so i thought i'd post some new pics of my progress on my portable:

first, here is a look at the screen mounted to the front

then another look at the controler below it, only this time with a hole drilled for the reset button

and now a look at the rather Frankenstein-esk battery power board :shock: (hacked up to allow it to fit in the case)

also, a close up the PSU for the screen (which i may end up re-inventing if i cant solve the diagonal line problem.....)

here we have a few different angles on the DVD drive and the secondary memory card slot

and finally, the shoulder button holes, and the "tributed" fan system vents

well thats my progress so far, bare in mind that i cant really do much with filling in the gaps in the case until i get the funds for some ABS cement, and flexible filler epoxy. and i have to find a way to eliminate that regulator noise causing the diagonal lines on the screen. :?

(btw, if this post reads like i guided tour, i apolo....... no wait, thats part of the charm :mrgreen:
Last edited by AngelArm1110 on Sat May 30, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Tue May 26, 2009 8:22 am

You don't need much funds for ABS cement. Just get some old ABS case from whatever, and then tear it into small bits. Then get an empty jar. A pickle jar would be a good candidate. Then place the plastic bits in and pour in some paint thinner. I know you are supposed to use acetone, but paint thinner contains acetone, and paint thinner is what i use for ABS cement.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

neverused

Post by neverused » Tue May 26, 2009 7:01 pm

or you could spend $5 and get a whole bunch of real abs glue...

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue May 26, 2009 7:41 pm

neverused wrote:or you could spend $5 and get a whole bunch of real abs glue...
It's usually easier for us modders to make our own because we have craploads of empty game system cases all made from ABS plastic. It's a win win situation, we get to get rid of crap and we get abs cement :D
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Tue May 26, 2009 8:46 pm

eurddrue wrote:Good luck :D I wish people wouldn't steal hailraiser's lazerdoodle idea though... :cry:
Imitation is the best form of flattery

Also if you get the powerboard to work with good durability I want to talk to you

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 pm

if by that you mean the battery power board, then yes, i does work quite well. is there something you wanted to know??

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed May 27, 2009 8:18 am

Pictures make any worklog a million times better! I like what you have done so far.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:34 pm

here is a shot of the removed dvd cable clip, with the replacement of colored pieces of 30 awg kynar wire

and the corresponding dvd cable clip also with 30 awg kynar attached. the clip itself, i lifted right off another ps2 dvd drive (i used the iron method for that :) )

obviously im in the process of attaching these 2 parts to eachother, and once im done (provided i get it all right) the dvd drive should be fully funtional, along with the 2 other extension cables i made, for the spindle hub and track motor

Last edited by AngelArm1110 on Fri May 29, 2009 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

AngelArm1110

Post by AngelArm1110 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:25 am

SUCCESS!!!!!!! i got the dvd drive to work!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you can see from the pictures how i have all the points soldered together. of course they wernt all contacting each other when i did the boot up experiment (successfully booted Kingdom Hearts Final Mix), i had them each individually wrapped in electrical tape, to prevent shorts. i guess my next task, is to find a way to individually and thinly insulate every wire. i had considered using heat shrink tubing, but the smallest i can find is 3/32", and that only shrinks to about 22 awg, where as im using 30 awg wire. i also considered if there was any kind of paint on insulation for electrical wires. just any way i could thinly wrap the wires so they dont touch metal on metal.

so yea if anyone knows of such things, please dont hesitate to link me!!!!

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Fri May 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Most of us hacks just slather stuff in hotglue. However there's brush-on krazy glue you could try. Liquid electrical tape is WAY too thick and gloppy.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat May 30, 2009 2:01 pm

XCVG wrote:Most of us hacks just slather stuff in hotglue.
Yes, do that.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Sat May 30, 2009 4:43 pm

XCVG wrote:Most of us hacks just slather stuff in hotglue. However there's brush-on krazy glue you could try. Liquid electrical tape is WAY too thick and gloppy.
Also the liquid electric tape sucks.
I used it for some stuff, it came right off after 3 days.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun May 31, 2009 9:19 am

ShockSlayer wrote:
XCVG wrote:Most of us hacks just slather stuff in hotglue.
Yes, do that.

SS
Funny story:

At robotics club the usual guy was out so we had the guy who did it last year, anyway I was repairing a cable. He wouldn't let me into the shrinkwrap and I couldn't find the electrical tape, so I insulated the wires with hotglue and wrapped it in masking tape.

It's a good thing he didn't see me do that.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sun May 31, 2009 4:42 pm

AngelArm1110 wrote:SUCCESS!!!!!!! i got the dvd drive to work!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Badass! Way to go! That's some fancy soldering right there!
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!