Can anyone help me set-up a PN64 project?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

BowlSnapper
Can anyone help me set-up a PN64 project?

Post by BowlSnapper » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:18 pm

I'm hoping I'm posting in the right section... I'm willing to pay for this, but I simply am overwhelmed by the parts, tools (that I don't have), and patience that I also don't have, to cut away at the board, relocate things, etc... no matter how much I want to, mabybe in the future when I'm more in control of my environment, and I don't expect that to make sense.

I basically, need some help putting together a kit including the regulator & resistor's/capacitors (basically anything power supply related because it's giving me a headache and i think I fried my pth or my mobo... or my batteries died...), expansion relocation (even if it's wired and I have to place it in the case), cart slot relocation, a properly reduced/cut circuit board, the regulator, power supply, batteries, disassembled controller, etc, so that I can look at the parts in front of me with a molded case (all of this obviously I would compensate for), and go "okay, let's do this."

After that I would throw any other mods in with it since my mind would be much more cleared up on the subject.

Would anyone be willing to do this? and how much would you charge for a basically pre-fab PN64 kit?

Sorry for sounding like a feeble-minded moron, but I want one of these, and I just have too much going on to keep track of the project going on over weeks/months and crap.

lucidPerspective

Re: Can anyone help me set-up a PN64 project?

Post by lucidPerspective » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm selling almost exactly what your after: WTS: N64p Kit ~ PSone screen connected with S-video

It's not everything, but the kit is only missing a few parts, the difficult stuff is done. Take a look and send me a private message, or reply here, or reply in that thread if you're keen

BowlSnapper

Post by BowlSnapper » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:47 pm

lucidPerspective wrote:I'm selling almost exactly what your after: WTS: N64p Kit ~ PSone screen connected with S-video

It's not everything, but the kit is only missing a few parts, the difficult stuff is done. Take a look and send me a private message, or reply here, or reply in that thread if you're keen
Dude, that IS very close... I would just need to know what the best batteries are to use, along with the power adapter, and maybe buy the voltage regulator parts, (regulator, resistor, capacitor) from you.
Edit: Apparently you've taken care of this, was going by the picture.

the case I have will allow for a full size mobo so I might just be lazy unless someone has a case they can toss me.

Is the memory expansion slot relocated or still stock?
Edit: answered by simply reading.

Edit: oh crap, it's PAL. Is there an NTSC version? or a way to "convert" cart reading and video output to NTSC? I highly doubt that though, I think they have different encoding chips right?

lucidPerspective

Post by lucidPerspective » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:01 pm

It's possible to swap out the PIF chip for an NTSC one, or if you were to send me an NTSC N64 I could make up a package similar to the one I'm selling, but with that NTSC mobo

Alternatively, N64 games from ebay.co.uk are pretty cheap, so if you grabbed what I'm selling, and just bought your favorite games as PAL that could work too.

As for batteries, I just bought some of these: 12V 3500mAh Lithium Battery Pack With Auto Charger ..they are convenient because they have protection built in, come with a charger, and the 12v is fine for the 12v line, and can be easily stepped down to 3.3v for the 3.3v line.

You should put all EDIT's at the bottom of your post lol, only just noticed the one in the middle.. but yea, if you buy that kit all you need is:
- N64 controller
- Case
- Battery

BowlSnapper

Post by BowlSnapper » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:16 pm

Or if I paid for an ntsc n64 and mailed it to you, that would work too? I guess I can mail you mine, as long as it still works ( I have no way of testing it at this point since i fried my N64 PSU). worst comes to worst I can just buy some pal games... although I would need some way to convert to NTSC for my video out... I can see that we will be making some progrss here together.

Glad I registered and glad to meet you.

I thought the chimpanzee question during registration was friggin' hilarious...

Edit: Oh, I appreciate the battery recommendation (and will probably end up using it), but is there anything that's higher rated mah-wise, without geting too much bigger with the charger included?

Help me out here guys! I'm saving my money for this thing so let me know what's up and help me out if you can.

lucidPerspective

Post by lucidPerspective » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:04 pm

The battery I suggested is probably the most convenient, as it's all there, you just basically hook it up. Haven't seen anything similar at all really.

3500mAh @ 12v is quite a lot. Most people around these parts use 7.4v and maybe about 5000mAh. using this 12v 3500mAh is the same as using a 7.4v 5500mAH battery (roughly) ..so you'll get a decent amount of play time from it.