SnesP WIP Codename DsneS *suggestions and help appreciated*

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: I need help with my SnesP

Post by hailrazer » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:47 am

themadhacker wrote:for batteries, I would get two 3600 mah psp batteries and a step up regulator.
Why ?
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:03 pm

oh well im pretty much gonna stick with what hailrazer has in his tutorial but is there any specific wire thickness i should use. Also can someone post a link to a mini snes to psone screen wiring digram i havnt been able to find one i have found one for n64 though lol.
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

Schmeman

Post by Schmeman » Mon May 10, 2010 6:41 am

It's not really a diagram but an excerpt from ben's book.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1 ... 890,00.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It should tell you what you need to know.

EDIT:
wallydawg wrote:When following the directions in the book be aware of this.
Currently Playing:

Xenogears
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Parasite Eve

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Time to revive my thread back from the dead. I have continued work on my portable only this time I have a little more experiance and soldering is almost second nature to me now. So I think I have decided how I want my portable to look I want it to be Nintendo DS style so I think the DsneS is appropriate. Now I have desoldered my cartridge slot, av output thing, controller ports and the blue and black reseistors on the back.... Alright so its a snes mini I am working with so what else can I do to slim this baby down? And I do have a dremel and other weapons of destruction *wink* *wink* so removing parts of the board are no big deal 8)

I will put pics up in a couple hours my camera is charging :D
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

overlordlink

Re: SnesP WIP Codename DsneS *suggestions and help appreciated*

Post by overlordlink » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Ok got a picture taken of my snes mobo what can I do to shrink it down? also can i remove the reset button?

You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Ok I was doing a little reading and from what I figured out i can remove the ic for the snes controller and wire it to some new buttons from radioshack and make it easier to minimize the size of my portable. Is this true?
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 am

overlordlink wrote:Ok I was doing a little reading and from what I figured out i can remove the ic for the snes controller and wire it to some new buttons from radioshack and make it easier to minimize the size of my portable. Is this true?
Yes, wire your buttons directly to the IC as the diagram shows. I've done it many many times and it works perfectly. Plus, it's good practice for your soldering technique :D Those pins are tiny!

As for the reset button, just take it completely off. You don't need it and it won't hurt to have it gone. For trimming down the board, you can cut off quite a bit. Look at both sides and see where your traces are, and just cut down to that. If you cut through a trace, just rewire it - no big deal. Looks like you've already removed your capacitors - just make sure you wire them back up in the right order and with their positive and negative leads to the appropriate places.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:43 am

Alright sounds awesome im gonna give it a shot lets see how I can make it look =D
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Ok well I looked at it a bit and this looks like all i can cut off to minimize it but please give suggestions on how to make it smaller if possible.
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:56 pm

That's exactly where I would cut it. No point in cutting it much smaller than that unless you're going for some sort of record.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Alright just figured I would double check and make sure I wasnt missing anything alright well I will get to trimming it down either tonight or tommorow we will see :D
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler: