PS2 Laptop

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Boneylad
PSN Username:boneylad
PS2 Laptop

Post by Boneylad » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:23 am

Hey,

I've been wanting to make a PS2 Laptop for ages, but I have a couple of problems.. :?

1: I have never modded a console before, are there any pre-requirements/is experience needed to do this?
2: What are the sizes of the innards of a PS2
and..
3: Would I be able to use an old laptop's (alright, its not too old) screen and speakers easily to create a PS2 laptop?

Thanks, Boneylad

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: PS2 Laptop

Post by hailrazer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:38 am

Boneylad wrote:Hey,

I've been wanting to make a PS2 Laptop for ages, but I have a couple of problems.. :?

1: I have never modded a console before, are there any pre-requirements/is experience needed to do this?
2: What are the sizes of the innards of a PS2
and..
3: Would I be able to use an old laptop's (alright, its not too old) screen and speakers easily to create a PS2 laptop?

Thanks, Boneylad
1. If you are talking modchip then you need to be able to solder "TINY" traces. The PS2 is not a super easy system to put a modchip in.
2. 8.1"x5.5"
3. No
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Boneylad

Post by Boneylad » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 am

Thanks Hailrazer,

but one more question, is it even possible to use a laptop screen for a PS2 Laptop?
and by "mod" i just mean making it into a laptop

Thanks

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:06 am

Boneylad wrote:Thanks Hailrazer,

but one more question, is it even possible to use a laptop screen for a PS2 Laptop?
and by "mod" i just mean making it into a laptop

Thanks

If you're talking about the actual laptop lcd screen? Well yes it's "possible" to use it as the main screen for a PS2 laptop. But you would have to buy a controller from China and it would cost around $200-$300 for it unless they already make one for it. Used to be you could get one off Ebay, just email the seller your Lcd panel #'s and in 3-4 weeks he would send you a controler for it that had vga and rca inputs. But he no longer does it. So now it is incredibly hard to get it done.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

mikeyg
PSN Username:mikeyg95

Post by mikeyg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Why's this in the sega section? :roll:

Boneylad

Post by Boneylad » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:41 am

mikeyg wrote:Why's this in the sega section? :roll:
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to put it into a certain section, so it did it automatically.. :oops: :D
thanks railrazer, I'm just gonna buy an LCD 15" instead, costs the same as the screen converter would, so.. yeah

Boneylad

Post by Boneylad » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:51 pm

hey hailrazer,
cos ur online - should i use an old laptop case and take out the screen and CPU or should i create my own case?
also, should i use a PS2 slim or PS2 phat, cos I want the CD to slide out from the case, unlike the PS2 slim that just opens the top..
thanks