SifuF's Nintendo Sixtyfree LITE-R

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

snowpenguin
Re: SifuF's Nintendo Sixtyfree LITE-R

Post by snowpenguin » Sat May 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Which is the best is really based on what you want out of a portable.

People who want it to be completely portable and as small as possible might like the TriSixtyFource best.
People who want a beautiful, well made portable that is comfortable with a 5" screen but they don't need batteries, might like this best.
People who want a full featured portable that is beautiful, with large batteries, and not TERRIBLY large might like the Kamikaze64.
People who just want the cheapest option possible might like ZN-45 n64ps because it's a portable, and they'd own it if they bought it, which is more than most people could say.

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:25 pm

It's too bad it doesn't have batteries though, with a 1cm extension it could easily fit some in. Maybe he has done that, we don't know since he's almost never here anymore.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sat May 22, 2010 6:23 pm

thewise1 wrote:It's too bad it doesn't have batteries though, with a 1cm extension it could easily fit some in. Maybe he has done that, we don't know since he's almost never here anymore.
He could have gotten at least an hour of battery life. He would have had to use cylindrical cells, but its possible. But who knows? Maybe he did do that. Someday, maybe we will get to see a video of a portable like this in action.
Image Image

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat May 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Nothing topping him from using lipos. There's lipos out there half a centimeter thick.

WarrentyVoider

Post by WarrentyVoider » Tue May 25, 2010 11:57 am

ok where can i buy all the stuff to do this at my own house cuz i would really love to, or are you planning to mass produce this cuz i would buy 1 in half a second if i have the money man im not kidding :D :shock: :shock:

oh yeah and sence when did they make a playstation one (psx) with a screen already on it? cuz i never seen 1

budnespid

Post by budnespid » Tue May 25, 2010 12:17 pm

We should really close this thing.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue May 25, 2010 12:19 pm

WarrentyVoider wrote:ok where can i buy all the stuff to do this at my own house cuz i would really love to, or are you planning to mass produce this cuz i would buy 1 in half a second if i have the money man im not kidding :D :shock: :shock:

oh yeah and sence when did they make a playstation one (psx) with a screen already on it? cuz i never seen 1
An n64 portable, especially one this small, is one of the more complicated portables you can build. go for something easier like super nintendo or NES using chinese pirate consoles

----------------
Now playing: Daft Punk - Something About Us
via FoxyTunes

metalcookie

Post by metalcookie » Mon May 31, 2010 3:16 pm

This thing is still amazing even after all this time. I wish kibble would come back. If he does come back, the SifuF phenomenom of jaw-drop related injuries could resurface.
Citizen Kane

Hrduncan
Portablizer

Post by Hrduncan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:51 pm

i dont care if this thread is old but DAMN! that thing is so awesome i bow to you sifuf
check out my blog!

http://hrduncan.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:00 am

Too bad he abandoned us. I come to this old thread for inspiration when I feel like I can't complete my stuff. One look at this thing and I strive to Acheive just HALF ts greatness. Never came close.
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
SS I miss your old Profile Pictures :lol:
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Thats look very awesome.
How did you convert the c stick.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Re:

Post by bassmasta » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:22 pm

SifuF wrote:
Kyo wrote:did you just connect the middle leads of the pots from the C-stick to ground and used the other 4 as a switch (with additional resistors to ground to make it more sensitive) or did you use a more complicated method?
Yes. You've got it. That method works with an official N64 controller.
When I originally tried this with the gamecube stick, the resistor values needed were 6k8 ohms. But I just wired up a psx stick (also a 10k pot) which needed resistors of 8k2 ohms. You may need to experiment with values.

However, I was unable to recreate this with the 3rd party pad I'm using. The controller would register a button press with a very small amount of current flow and the 10k pot was too 'narrow' resistance wise, to make a clear on and off. So I had to use the pot as a potential divder with an LED bargraph circuit that would switch the buttons via transistors.
SifuF
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:32 pm

How does that work :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:01 pm

gamax92 wrote:How does that work :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/joystick3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

johnDjoker
PSN Username:johnDjoker

Post by johnDjoker » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:30 am

wow your stuff is amazingly beautiful and its awesome.
how much is that cost???
I am proud of the fact that I invented weapons like billy club weapons to be our self defense in times of trouble.