a few questions

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

themadhacker
a few questions

Post by themadhacker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:06 am

after showing my friend my GBC Turbo, he said that if I could make another, he would offer his n64 and all games/ accessorys for it.
Anyway, I never really bothered with the n64, so I don't realy know much about it. So I want to know the difference between a jump pack and an expansion pack.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Mario

Post by Mario » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:11 am

A jumper pack comes with the N64, and all it does is complete the connections to the board. (I think someone here posted a diagram on how to jump it...) An expansion pack is required for some games that need extra memory to run.

Valium

Post by Valium » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:11 am

The jumper pack is a dummy pack that has nothing in it. The expansion pack contains more RAM that the N64 uses on some of the more graphic intensive games (DK64, Majora's Mask, etc).

The N64 needs one of these packs in it to run at any given time.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:47 pm

ok, what are some popular/ good games that need an expansion pack?
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Warp

Post by Warp » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:58 pm

themadhacker wrote:ok, what are some popular/ good games that need an expansion pack?
Perfect Dark :mrgreen:

DK

Post by DK » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Doesn't need the expansion pack to play. Some of the features only need the Jumper Pack. Zelda Majora''s Mask it a great game that needs the Expansion Pack :)

Warp

Post by Warp » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:12 pm

DK wrote:Doesn't need the expansion pack to play.
but there's not much remaining of the game... without expansion pack, joanna dark is a severe amputee... :?

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:46 pm

I think that majoras mask and DK64 are the only two that you need the expansion pak to play, but i'm not sure on that *runs downstairs to check all of his games quickly* yes those are the only games I have that need the expansion pak.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:34 pm

eurddrue wrote:I think that majoras mask and DK64 are the only two that you need the expansion pak to play, but i'm not sure on that *runs downstairs to check all of his games quickly* yes those are the only games I have that need the expansion pak.
Perfect Dark partially requires it

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:37 pm

grossaffe wrote:
eurddrue wrote:I think that majoras mask and DK64 are the only two that you need the expansion pak to play, but i'm not sure on that *runs downstairs to check all of his games quickly* yes those are the only games I have that need the expansion pak.
Perfect Dark partially requires it
see above posts, some other people discussed that already
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Perfect Dark, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Donkey Kong 64 are the only ones that REQUIRE it.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:48 pm

PERFECT DARK DOESN'T REQUIRE IT!!!! :lol:
really it doesn't require it, but it looks really crappy without it. wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... edirect=no
wallydawg wrote: