Introducing the Darth 64....... Youtube Video Added

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: This is encouragement to register!

Post by bacteria » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:47 am

z4xx0r wrote:I've never made a portable, and my N64 is gathering dust at home. Home. Home.

If you or someone else could explain these concepts thoroughly, or send me in the right direction with a tutorial for the n00biest of n00bs, I would be forever in your debt.
(see sig).

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:08 pm

So, hailrazer, a friend of mine calls me up and during our conversation he asks if I'd seen "that portable N64 on Engadget." I said, "Yeah, I know the guy - he mailed me some stuff last week, actually." It was great :P
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Life of Brian wrote:So, hailrazer, a friend of mine calls me up and during our conversation he asks if I'd seen "that portable N64 on Engadget." I said, "Yeah, I know the guy - he mailed me some stuff last week, actually." It was great :P
That's cool ! Wonder if anyone I know has actually seen it on the internet ? Most people I know don't even know I make portables.

Maybe I should introduce myself as :

Hailrazer INTERNATIONALLY known Hailrazer that is :P
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:54 pm

whoa! octet post!

hail, your work is absolutely amazing, man. can't wait to see you finish your current project!
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Elvryndle

Post by Elvryndle » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Hey whoever was selling the L64 if you still have it I'll buy, e-mail elvryndle@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Hoiya! I Japan Nintendo Karate know man! I Bill Gates will die by!

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:06 pm

Elvryndle wrote:Hey whoever was selling the L64 if you still have it I'll buy, e-mail elvryndle@yahoo.com. Thanks!
In the buying/selling forum.
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=26106

Please stop cluttering this thread. :wink:
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:54 pm

*edit*Added a youtube video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gd9CKCWAU
My Portable Systems:

Hoeloe

Post by Hoeloe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:13 am

Nice work! I may have to try something like this! I must say this is very impressive. Without the video's I don't think I would believe it. Very excellent work. Good job! :wink:

By the way, where can I get a lazer doodle?

Nicholas64

Post by Nicholas64 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Wow, really awsome job, it looks nice and clean. Your choice in a case is ever so interesting. really nice job :!:
Glad Solar Egg is modder, Now im still in line for: Youngest Portabalizer.
Portables soon to come: Ninelevendo64, Sega Nightmare, PSPlayGround.... Image

phonz

dumb question?

Post by phonz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Hey nice mod

I actually stumbled here and took enough time tor ead about it, ehre adn Youtube after finding that link.

Dumb question maybe, but where do the memory packs/card thingers go???
I didnt see any pics of them anywhere xD and I don't believe I read about where they were either heh. Im sure you got them in there, I just don't know where? LOL

hailrazer

Re: dumb question?

Post by hailrazer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:18 pm

phonz wrote:Hey nice mod

I actually stumbled here and took enough time tor ead about it, ehre adn Youtube after finding that link.

Dumb question maybe, but where do the memory packs/card thingers go???
I didnt see any pics of them anywhere xD and I don't believe I read about where they were either heh. Im sure you got them in there, I just don't know where? LOL
I don't have any memory packs in it. They aren't really needed as the games had built in saves.
My Portable Systems:

phonz

Post by phonz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:59 pm

but but but... I what if I wanna play Destruction Derby 64, woo! or uhm Duke Nukem 3D (censored version)? hehe or even Shadowman :)

Just kiddin man, that's awesome though.

I was thinking about making Virtualboy night vis goggles (with green LED instead of red), get some wireless pads going, maybe even mount some beer dispensing cups on the side.
now we're talking turkey.
Drunk and disoriented, what a combination, better attach a vomit sac for practicality

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:03 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Epic.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Dustin

Post by Dustin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Hey Hailrazer,

Just to let you know, you've inspired another person to start posting here. :D Your Darth64 is pretty impressive, and drove me to want to create my own. However, I have very little experience in this field. I have a friend who does, but he's told me that making the case would be out of his reach. I saw on another thread that Bacteria is contemplating whether or not to make cases for sale, and I was wondering if you would consider doing the same. If so, I totally would purchase one.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:56 am

Hey Dustin, making the cases of a portable is actually the most challenging part. However, it's not nearly as much fun if you just buy one from someone. Keep in mind that we're all hobbyists here (with the exception of Ben), and we found great ways to build a good looking case at home. If you want professional results like this one it's probably the best to either use an existing case and modify it with bondo and putty to serve your needs, or, the easier alternative: Using vacuum forming.

I built a vacuum former just the other day, it's actually quite cheap and easy to do. Bacteria has a good tutorial on his site: http://modded-by-bacteria.com