HBN64 - N64 "Laptop"

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

HBN

Post by HBN » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 am

Kyo wrote:
HBN wrote:
Kyo wrote:there is no adapter because it's just not that simple. DVI is digital, and the N64 outputs analog signals
I never said it was simple... I said it wasn't available.
and by "not that simple" i meant expensive
Things that are this hard to find usually are. I mean, I cant find CRAP on something that'd do the trick.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

timewarp

Post by timewarp » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 am

HBN wrote:17" screen (Which cant be a HD monitor because I've yet to find a way to make the N64 output to a DVI plug (You'd think somebody would have made an adapter). LCD TV's are more expensive than LCD monitors for some reason). $600 was a good price. I remember that price. It was for a 15". The original size screen I planned for. 15" LCD TV, used, eBay. Minor surface scratches. Yup. I remember it. Didn't have the money to get it. Then I found out how big of a screen I could pack in. So I changed the design a little. Which increased the price.

Neither the $600 or the $1000 includes a battery. As its gonna take me long enough to get a screen for it, let alone get a battery that will power everything nicely. I will get one (Meaning "many"), but it will be long after the project is declared finished.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824138052

It has composite and s-video input, so you're all set.

HBN

Post by HBN » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:26 am

timewarp wrote:
HBN wrote:17" screen (Which cant be a HD monitor because I've yet to find a way to make the N64 output to a DVI plug (You'd think somebody would have made an adapter). LCD TV's are more expensive than LCD monitors for some reason). $600 was a good price. I remember that price. It was for a 15". The original size screen I planned for. 15" LCD TV, used, eBay. Minor surface scratches. Yup. I remember it. Didn't have the money to get it. Then I found out how big of a screen I could pack in. So I changed the design a little. Which increased the price.

Neither the $600 or the $1000 includes a battery. As its gonna take me long enough to get a screen for it, let alone get a battery that will power everything nicely. I will get one (Meaning "many"), but it will be long after the project is declared finished.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824138052

It has composite and s-video input, so you're all set.
:shock: They DO exist! :shock: Thank you!
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!