benheck.com Forums

Videogame Hacking
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:43 pm 
Portablizer Extraordinaire

something like this happened to me, try wiring the charger straight to the batteries for a second or two

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:24 pm 

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:
something like this happened to me, try wiring the charger straight to the batteries for a second or two

thanks! that worked! it's weird that that works... but it did! :D

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:34 pm 

lovablechevy wrote:
Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:

thanks! that worked! it's weird that that works... but it did! :D

yeah it happened a few times to me I think I quickly bridged + an - on accident to cause it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:53 pm 

here's an update.

for those of you wondering what color i was going to go with, here ya go!

i want it to look as much like the retroduo as possible. of course, it won't have the mirror coat finish, but at least the color scheme will be the same. this is just the first layer. i plan on putting about 4 layers on, so i still have to sand, paint, sand, paint, etc... in an earlier post i said i would reveal my "stylistic trademark" that i will have on all my portables. it's gonna be hot pink. something on all of my portables will be hot pink. :D

primer on the back. still a lot of work to do on this part. the solid color helps me to see what needs done still. on the bottom around the cut out hole for the nes cartridge slot is some hot glue. those two pieces were giving me troubles staying on. so, since it won't be seen, i just reinforced it with some hot glue. gotta love that stuff!

the cart slot cover is coming along. i need to do another layer or so before i put the primer on. also, i'm planning on rounding the corners as much as possible. i don't want it to be a big box on the back. i took this pic right after i rinsed it off, that's why the spot putty looks wet.

i think i'm progressing quite nicely. not quite as fast as i would like, but that's what happens when you have 2 jobs. i only get to work on it 2 or 3 days a week.

so, tell me what you think about my color choice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm 

Wow man, this thing is coming along quite nicely. And the color choice is very unique; not my first choice, but I've never seen one this color before, fresh choice! :D

CTFan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:12 pm 
Portablizer

Awesome, a portable thats unique looking AND nice looking. Mad gansta props to ya.

N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:45 am 

Looks nice. Only one comment if I may, it is very useful to have the SNES buttons their original colours as many games show you the colour of a button to press during gameplay (certainly on the N64 and GameCube; I presume on the SNES too); if they are all the same colour, this makes it difficult! Anyway, nice paint job and speaker holes look nice and precise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:32 am 

bacteria wrote:
Looks nice. Only one comment if I may, it is very useful to have the SNES buttons their original colours as many games show you the colour of a button to press during gameplay (certainly on the N64 and GameCube; I presume on the SNES too); if they are all the same colour, this makes it difficult! Anyway, nice paint job and speaker holes look nice and precise.

thanks!

once again, i am using the retroduo for this system. i want the handyduo to look as much like the white/blue retroduo as possible. everything is original retroduo hardware. the retroduo controllers have blue buttons. here in america, snes controllers have only two colors for the buttons anyway. they show the letter name instead of button color usually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:50 am 

In that case, fantastic - it does look nice that way! I didn't realise that; being in the UK we have four colours on the buttons and you guys have one (I wonder why?); oh well, go with the flow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:55 am 

bacteria wrote:
In that case, fantastic - it does look nice that way! I didn't realise that; being in the UK we have four colours on the buttons and you guys have one (I wonder why?); oh well, go with the flow!

yeah, i've never understood why they made the controllers more blah for us here in the usa. i always preferred the uk and japan color scheme. so much so that i quickly bought a 3rd party controller that looked like a uk controller! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:23 am 

bacteria, it is due to the fact that for the SNES (unlike the NES) we got the japanese layout (of the super famicom), and the US-SNES got redesigned in both color and shape. as a result the button colors were changed to be in the color scheme of the US-SNES

the advantage of that is the due to the different shape of the cartridge, and the japanese cartridge not fitting, there was no difference between the japanese and US lockout chip. now if you removed two pins on the case of the US-SNES you were able to play japanese games without modifying any non-mechanical part of the console (and without opening it, that is)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:02 pm 

Beautiful! Naturally I'm a fan of your design :D

For a first portable (and first real electronics project) you are doing some amazing work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:37 pm 

I like it! It's got a nice clean feeling to it. Very nice work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:35 pm 

thanks!

Life of Brian: i had decided to paint it white from the get-go. then i later read that you were painting your current one white. i was like, "great... now it's really gonna look like i'm just copying him!" :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:02 pm 

I remember playing on both types of controllers not sure where i played the multi coulored ones but I know they had a switch on them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next