nes/snes portable - finished page 14

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:30 pm

simon66 wrote:Just ordered my zn-45 case. cant way until it arrives!

Ps. Any updated on your case?
nope. haven't touched it since the last pic on page 8.

hopefully i'll get it done before christmas. we'll just have to see. i got lots of stuff planned by christmas time. hopefully i can get it all done.

don't worry, i'll let everyone know when this is in swing again and gettin finished up. and it will be finished. i don't start something and not finish it.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

simon66

Post by simon66 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:45 pm

how did you make the controllers fit in the case? did you custom made that pcb? Thnx!

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:50 pm

simon66 wrote:how did you make the controllers fit in the case? did you custom made that pcb? Thnx!
all of that info is in the thread already. not to mention in several locations in the forum.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:39 pm

lovablechevy wrote:hopefully i'll get it done before christmas. we'll just have to see. i got lots of stuff planned by christmas time. hopefully i can get it all done.
:lol: I might have mine done before you then! That would be amusing! :lol: Got one of my two NTSC PSone screens, another coming, so is my Retro Duo. I anticipate completing my Duo mid December or thereabouts.

Trying to win a copy of Super Mario RPG on e-bay from US sources, want to play this - I have found two ways to make this game work as PAL instead of NTSC by modding the game cart; so if the Duo doesn't like the game on NTSC (it can be touch and go from what I hear), making it PAL might make it work. Will try!

I am wondering if it is possible to reduce a cart slot for the SNES and NES and put one on top of the other, as little extra height as possible, so it is possible to insert SNES and NES carts into the same area. What I mean is if you put in a NES cart (making the thickness of a NES cart say 3mm taller than it is normally, with a back piece to make it thicker) it registers in the NES cart slot and if you put in a SNES cart, being a little lower, registers in a different cart slot (SNES one). That way, one cart slot hole for two systems. Just an idea I have, which I will expand on in my project. This will make the system slim. The NES carts can also be reduced in size quite easily, about 60% of the length of a NES cart is empty.

simon66

Post by simon66 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:05 pm

hey chev I was wondering how do you re-wire the voltage for the retro duo? This is for the snes

But how about the rero duo? Thnx

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:38 pm

i don't mean to sound rude, but please stop taking over my build thread.

all of that is answered in the retro duo sticky at the top of the snes page. just read through the first entry. it's all there.

i have taken a lot of my time to make that sticky and have made sure that all info available to my knowledge is posted on the very first post. i've made it easy to read through and very easy to find. please take the time to read it as i do not have the time to answer every single question about the retro duo.

moderators, can i get this thread locked until further notice (as in until i have the time to start this back up)? thanks!

simon66

Post by simon66 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:13 pm

oh sorry I didnt see that until like a few hours ago... Sorry

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:20 pm

locked on request

lovablechevy

Re: nes/snes portable - HandyDuo work log on hold till i move

Post by lovablechevy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 am

i come to all of you with a heavy heart...

last night was quite possibly one of the worst nights ever.

i had been just starting to fiddle with this project again. i had just gotten the plastic shoe box out and set it on my table. i had my camera there, to document all i was doing. well, when i was busy cooking, it happened.

during the storing time, a connection must have come lose on the protection circuit. the batteries exploded. ruined the screen, the system, all the hard work in the case i had done, and my freakin camera. not to mention everything else in the plastic shoe box, the box itself, and my table top.

luckily, nobody was hurt. just my pride and desire to work on these projects.

i'm gonna have to take a huge step back. i'm too frustrated and pissed at all that lost time and money. i just don't have the funds right now to start this from scratch again.

sorry guys... i was really hoping to be able to impress you and actually get this finished...

Spyder12587

Re: nes/snes portable - dead - see page 11

Post by Spyder12587 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:07 am

I'm really sorry to hear about that but I'm glad no one was hurt. This makes me even more nervous about wiring up batteries now than I was before....

and if this is an April Fool's joke, it's pretty good
There is no black or white but rather a million shades of gray...

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Wow, I'm sorry this happened to you. I too know how bad it feels to have projects fail. And it must suck even more having all your stuff destroyed too. This is almost like what happened with gamelevler's beautiful gamecube portable.

Because of issues like these, I only use NiCD and NiMh batteries.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Rekarp
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Zomg. Maybe I should buy a fire extinguisher thats rated for "lithium battery explosions".
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Bad luck. Feel for you. A lot of time and money down the drain.

Were they Li-ions or Li-po out of interest?

Was it a loud bang; or a fire, or what?

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:09 pm

I have to laugh at that. It's just funny. This is why you always use protection, people!

No but seriously, may a lesson be learned for all: Protection circuits are fragile. Wrap them in electrical tape, and wrap your battery contacts in such as well, right off the bat.

At least you didn't pull a GameLver, where his burned up AFTER he finished it and was charging it in his room.

Bacteria: Think rapid chemical fire. It doesn't explode, but it's damn close. It's a fast and furious extremely hot purple flame for about 5-10 seconds.

Rekarp: http://www.webelements.com/nexus/node/426
Hey, sup?

Mario

Post by Mario » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Man, that sucks.

Unless, of course, it's an April Fool's joke. :P

If not, I'm so sorry. That's horrible. :( I need to get a fire extinguisher...