Atari "2600"

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

YCobb
Atari "2600"

Post by YCobb » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Hey all, those of you with amazingly sharp wits may remember me as the guy with the terribly un-thought out plan for an SNES portable in a Super Game Boy. That was over a year ago and I haven't been here since, though, so I don't expect much.

So, as some of you may know, Atari 'recently' (about five years ago, in reality) released an Atari remake that plugged straight into the TV and had a fair amount of games built in. I was just measuring it up against my Game Gear, and from the size of the case it seems to be about the size of a Game Gear.
So what I was wondering is how hard the screen would be to rig if I were to put the Atari chip thing into the Game Gear. I'm sure I could get the D-Pad going, the buttons might be a bit harder (Game Gear has 1, 2, and start, Atari has six on case. Do the math), but the screen is what bothers me the most.
I also don't want to rip apart the Atari without making anything out of it, since it's the only one I have.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Re: Atari "2600"

Post by Tibia » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:30 am

Chris Koopa did one with a 2.5" LCD. You can get one off e-Bay or DealExtreme for reasonably cheap.

http://www.freewebs.com/chris-koopa/app ... id=2299479" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.