"new" (to me) Famicom!

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

threedog
"new" (to me) Famicom!

Post by threedog » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

My Famicom arrived in the mail the other day! 20 bucks off Ebay. Not bad. 15 dollar shipping was rather lame, but what are you gonna do, right? I've wanted one of these since I was a kid, so I'm -probably- not going to mod it, but the size of this thing is nuts! The board inside is no bigger than an American NES cart. Talk about a perfect candidate for a portable. Perfect compatibility with all games, no real board reduction required. Very tempting... but I'll leave this one alone.

Here's my Famicom sitting on my workbench. Look how short the controller cables are!

Here it is with a standard NES cart sitting on it. It's not much bigger than the cart! I bet the board from this thing would fit completely -inside- an NES cart. And to the left is a copy of Rockman (Megaman) III.

My Famicom running some Hello Kitty title. I don't know exactly what the game is called, because I can't read Japanese. I could have taken the pic with Rockman running, but I'm secure enough in my masculinity and gangsta-ness. It's running on a normal American TV. The Famicom console is switched to channel 1, the TV is on channel 95. It runs fine, kinda wish the Famicom could output composite A/V.

Like I said, I don't plan on portablizing or modding this, but if anyone wants detailed measurements of the board, or photos of the inside or anything like that, I'd be more than happy to provide them.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Re: "new" (to me) Famicom!

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:38 pm

THats sweet dude. I've always wanted one.