Cartridge Slot source?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

KevinLG
Cartridge Slot source?

Post by KevinLG » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:40 pm

Other than gutting them from Game Genies and the like, are there any other sources for NESp cartridge slots? I can't find a reliable source from anyone. I know Benheck used floppy connectors or something in his NES micro, how does this work and what did he really use?
Life is like a box of chocolates. It sucks unless you spend a lot of money.

Cotter

Re: Cartridge Slot source?

Post by Cotter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:07 pm

KevinLG wrote:Other than gutting them from Game Genies and the like, are there any other sources for NESp cartridge slots? I can't find a reliable source from anyone. I know Benheck used floppy connectors or something in his NES micro, how does this work and what did he really use?
There are plenty of brand new slots on eBay for around five bucks. Are you looking for smaller slots?

KevinLG

Post by KevinLG » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm not sure if you're talking about the cart slot I'm looking for, most people as well as I don't want to use the Original NES cartridge slot, but rather one similar to the Toploader or Yobo NES.
Life is like a box of chocolates. It sucks unless you spend a lot of money.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:33 pm

KevinLG wrote:I'm not sure if you're talking about the cart slot I'm looking for, most people as well as I don't want to use the Original NES cartridge slot, but rather one similar to the Toploader or Yobo NES.
You can use a game genie or get one from here http://www.electronicsurplus.com/commer ... t_id=68557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:57 pm

nevermind1534 wrote:You can use a game genie or get one from here http://www.electronicsurplus.com/commer ... t_id=68557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Has anyone here used these before? I'm just wondering how they compare to other connectors.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:08 pm

WhatULive4 wrote:
nevermind1534 wrote:You can use a game genie or get one from here http://www.electronicsurplus.com/commer ... t_id=68557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Has anyone here used these before? I'm just wondering how they compare to other connectors.
One person used it, and they said that the pins were a little off, but it worked fine.

I can sell you a game genie if you want one.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"