I wanna know...

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

MichaelCretu
I wanna know...

Post by MichaelCretu » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:45 pm

First of all, I give you thanks to all in this forum, all this information about game consoles is really great and aprecciated. I'm new in this forum as you can see... hehehe

Well, when I was 4 years old, I used to play with this 2600 compatible... It isn't a 2600 Atari genuine model, and got 160 built it games!!, but is not working, I don't know why, I don't know for example the supply voltage and things like that, what is the appropiate level of energy adpater for this?? can I get some user manual of this???

I notice that you're talking about heavy, 4 switch, flashback... etc. Can you give me a link about all 2600 models please??

For now, I want to fix it, play as normal on my TV, and maybe in the future do some interesting things like become portable, I've been reading about some projects in this forum and really are amazing!!.

I've got other problem, the joysticks are currently disapperead, can I make my own controls....??

Ok, here are the photos..
Yeahhh, I know there is a early 90's pink panther!!

Board left side

Board right side

Case's back sticker.... "Compatible system..."

As you can see, there is 6507, 6532 chips and other 4 chips that I don't understand for what!!, supose that those chips are memories...

Notice that in the top, there is a switch which offers you a kind of mode, between 32 game and 128 game, for completing 160 games that console is built it..

Thank you very much!!!
Greetings.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: I wanna know...

Post by bicostp » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:38 pm

5 volts is generally safe, and if I remember right the 2600 had a 7805 regulator, that's a good place to start. (The original 2600 power supply ran on 9 volts.)

You can't hurt it by putting in too little voltage. :P