$5 reward offered - if you can help me get color working !

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

jeffslot
Portablizer Extraordinaire
$5 reward offered - if you can help me get color working !

Post by jeffslot » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Don't think I should really need to do this, but I have been unable to get assistance otherwise. If you can get me to get the color going on this, you can earn $5 Paypal.....please send me a PM if you are interested & I'll let you know if you can be the recipient. Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Guys,

this is kind of frustrating, I'm using the book, but the the back of my 4 x 4 square pcb is different than the one shown in the book. I'm trying to locate the 'Y' spot to solder to ? Any help will be appreciated. I took a guess, but I'd like to be more sure, to make sure I doin't ruin the board. Thanks.

Edited -- 4/18/11

Hi, Here is what I'm getting below. Everything is showing up in B & W. Also it is scrolling, and then dissappears after a few seconds. I'm trying to use the a/v mod from the longhorne engineer .... HELP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9eCKyB3als" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jeff

Last edited by jeffslot on Sat May 21, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffslot

Re: Need help with video Signal (youtube video added)-

Post by jeffslot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Some minor but positive news to report. I tried a couple of different TV's and on 2 of 3 there is no scrolling! But i'm still having an issue with only getting black and white. So any help will bwpe greatly appreciated!

jeffslot

Re: Need help with video Signal (youtube video added)-

Post by jeffslot » Tue May 17, 2011 4:37 am

Anyone? I'd really like to to get color going on this project...

jeffslot

Re: $5 reward offered - if you can help me get color working !

Post by jeffslot » Sat May 21, 2011 12:35 pm

*bump*

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 am

What kind of TV's are you using? old school CRT or modern LCD types? Also, I cant see it well, but on the lower left "z" connection, is it supposed to be a bridged connection between those two points or the one on the top? Double check all your points. I dont see some of the connections made, "w" for example.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

jeffslot

Post by jeffslot » Mon May 23, 2011 6:25 pm

thank for getting back to me - much appreciated

I'm using an newer LCD TV
I do not believe that the lower left ground is bridged, but I can certainly double check it
I believe that the W spot is if you have a board with the extra 8 pin chip, but that isn't the case for me.
I can also double check my connections, of course. I am getting a pictur, but only in B&W

Thanks

argyle
360 GamerTag:atomargyle
Steam ID:adamargyle

Post by argyle » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:32 am

i'm not looking for any reward or anything (not that I would turn it away I suppose)
but my best guess would be that you are missing the chroma value... a quick search pulled up another post where someone described a similar problem and posted a few pictures, including a picture indicating which spot he was missing and it seems worth taking a look at.
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(its about 10 pictures down or so with a b&w picture - it appears as though you are not using a connection at that same point - perhaps you are missing that same connection)

good luck!

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:58 pm

bit of a bump, i know, but I think I remember hearing that Ben's Av mod doesn't work on some screens.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/